I dont give "-" ratings...do you?

@super_jj (1417)
I just dont see the point of giving negative ratings to people who respond to discussions. I mean, what's the use of asking other people's ideas if you dont respect one that's different from yours, right? And i think it is the poster's discretion already. If you post something, expect to get a variety of ideas because myLot's population is composed of people from all over the world. Right? so dont worry, anyone who responds in my discussions will never be given a negative rating. I'm a firm believer of the Golden Rule. Do to others what you would have them do to you. I want my opinions to be respected so i graceously respect other people's opinion. Fair enough, right? Hehehehehehe.
@jinxky (2251)
i also don't give negative rating coz i know it will affect my ratings too. i noticed that everytime i give postive rating or best response, my mylot reputation is also increasing that's why i'm rate people all the time so that my reputation will also increase
@kun2349 (23475)
I dunno about that, my dear.. hehe =D Rating others negatively will affect our own rating too??
@jinxky (2251)
i think so coz some people say that when you rate someone with negative rating, your reputation will also go down
@Munchkin547 (2778)
i have never given anyone a negative rating in one of my discussions! Discussion should mean that people are able to express their opinions, whether they are the same as our own or not! There have been a couple of times when i have not given the response a rating at all because what they said was counterproductive of personally offensive, but even then i did not rate it negatively i just didn't rate it at all! xxx
@super_jj (1417)
Me too
I have never done it, because I think that that is part of what is great about this, people from all over with different views sharing opinions. And many I disagree with, but should respect them. But... If something was posted that was obviously hateful or hurtful, I may give a "-" rating. I'm hesitant to say never because never is such a long time! I wouldn't mind being given a "-" if I deserved it I don't think either.
@super_jj (1417)
THat's fair enough
Yours is a good idea and feeling. So far I have rated two three responses positively because I liked that. These were narrative, meaningful and and with some substance. If there is no substance in a response I never mark it negative. I like u and I support u.
@super_jj (1417)
THanks, sweethomecatring. And thanks to everyone who responded. I do think there's no point in giving a negative rating.
It depends on the response or the discussion. A Negative can only be given to a person if he is not adding to the discussion instead is just posting ot increase his earnings or points. If we give a negative just because someone is against your idea, then the whole point of this site collapses.. bourne
@super_jj (1417)
Two thumb way up,my friend. hehehehehehe.
I have not, at this point, ever given a negative rating to any response. I have left a response without a rating, if it didn't really have a darn thing to do with the topic being discussed. The only time I WOULD give a negative to anyone is if they were just down right hateful in their response. I see no need for that kind of behaviour here, either.
@super_jj (1417)
Yeah, i just ignore haters. Hehehehehehe.
@seabeauty (1480)
I only give negatives if someone puts a link in a post and if the post is a personal attack against another member.
@kun2349 (23475)
I too dun give negative ratings unnecessary, unless i feel that the post is being too much and too discriminating.. Otherwise i'm fine and easy going with all kinds of posts, including those disagree upon.. Because everybody has got their own opinions and ideas about things, and most are voicing out their thoughts, and so i dun see any point in rating them negatively ^_^
Yea some people just know that they are right though
@chrysz (1603)
I give ratings to almost all who respond to my discussion to recognize their effort of responding but I also give negative ratings to those who are responding nonsensically. Some people here respond just for the sake of responding even if they have not fully understood what the topic is all about. Some people are also mean and closed minded. Some are too egoistic that for them, their answers are the only acceptable answer so it only serves them right to be rated negatively. For me, its just ok to give your opinion but lambasting other people and hitting them below the belt is another thing.
@xParanoiax (6999)
VERY, very rarely. I usually only give them to people so blatantly awful than mylot's probably going to delete them or their discussion. But even then, I hesitate to do so, because I'm not typically very vindictive toward strangers. I don't know them. I don't know what reasons they have for their opinions and while I usually trust my ability to judge character, even minusing them feels like 'passing judgement'...and it's not something I like to do. So, often, if I disagree with someone I won't minus them. They're fully entitled to their opinion and I don't have to like it. I suppose it's my extension of what my Mom taught me; "If you can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all".
@apples99 (6564)
I never give negative ratings to people just because i disagree or dont like there post, if im unsure or disagree i just dont rate the post i dont like hurting peoples feelings and respect people's opinions, and im just thankful for there responds it really has to be extremely bad in order for me to even think of giving a bad rating.
@dhalev78 (104)
no... I don't give "-" ratings, because each of us here are entitled to our own opinions and ideas, so why i should give negative ratings since i know that each one of us are trying each best to came up with a good discussion and responds.
@pdexdee (224)
• Serbia And Montenegro
i didn't try this
No i don't.. Why should i give them a "-" when they had exerted an effort to answer your question.
@34momma (13895)
for the most part i don't give negative ratings. i totally respect other peoples opinions. everyone is not going to agree with what i say and that is fine. however, you can disagree with me and others without being mean or nasty. when i come across those kinds of comments you better know you will get a negative rating.
@iskayz (5422)
Hi there! I also don't give negative ratings to other users. For me there are no wrong answers here but just a matter of one's opinion so we should respect each others own points of views. One member posted that giving negative rating can do damage to the user's mylot reputation so don't rate negative. If I find the response not likely the one I was hoping for, I just leave it unrated. Ciao!
@skenthal (1022)
• Turkey
well i also dont give too much negative ratings , i only give it when i am too angry to someone , anyway i dont want people to lose their enthusiasm , we are all here to write,have fun,enjoy it and make money so i am trying to give positive ratings as much as i can , anyway happy mylottings
@relundad (2311)
Well I think the rating system is not for whether or not the person shares the same opinion as you, but should be used for negative responses. I thought it was to be rated negative if the person responding is for instance using racial slurs. I too respect others opinions and different views, and expect exactly that with a forum of this design.