We're getting high speed internet in two weeks!~Woo, hoo! yeah! Can't wait!

@writersedge (22579)
Hi everyone, My husband called and we got the confirmation today by email. We will be getting high speed internet through the cable company and Earthlink. So 2 Fridays from now, I will be off line for a little while. Friday is the best day for the guy to put it in and we can truly judge because that's the slowest day of the business week, here, anyway. So I'll know if we've improved much for that day. No more waiting forever. This will be wonderful! I will also be able to get phone calls while on the computer. Now if someone calls, they can't get through. It has been a problem in the past with people wanting to offer me work or with my brother having problems with his diabetes. So now, my phone will be available 24 hours a day and so will my computer. If I have computer problems, I can talk on the phone and do what the person says instead of calling, getting off the phone, starting the computer, trying something, it not working, and then shutting the computer down, and repeating the process umpteen times and with a new person that you seem to get every time. Way less frustration coming into my life very soon. Plus not having to judge when to get off the computer in case of calls. I just have to find some way to off set the increase in price, it's not much right now, but it will be quite a bit after the introductory offer is finished in 6 months, but I think by six months, I will have it, at least I hope so. So wish me great high speed. Anyone here start off with slow dial up and then go to high speed? Were you happy with the change?
@PearlGrace (3172)
Hey writersedge. Wow, congrats on your upcoming high speed internet service. You are gonna love it. Plus, the added convenience of being able to be online and be on the phone at the same time is quite nice. Yes, a long time ago, probably about 7 or 8 years ago, we had the dial up modem connection. The difference is unbelievable. And, of course, updating to a new computer every couple of years really makes the difference. Connections are so fast, it's great. No real waiting to speak of. Yes, I am very happy with high speed internet. I hope your transition from dial up to high speed internet connection goes very smoothly.
@writersedge (22579)
I hope the transition goes well, too. Thanks So you've hat high speed for 7 ot 8 years, trust me, every year, dial up gets slower, had it since 2005.
That is fantastic! It's great that you are in an area where high speed internet is available. Unfortunately, there are still some areas where it still is not an option, which makes it difficult for people in certain areas to truly take advantage of all that the internet has to offer.
@writersedge (22579)
Strangely enough, where I live, people either have no options or two. Seems like some places no one wants to service and other places there is competition. Thanks and take care.
@ElicBxn (60892)
When we had one computer, we had dial up. After the roomie moved in, got another phone line and her computer, we started talking getting the cable hookup. I love it. We have a wireless router, 3 computers that can access it, I leave the computer hooked up 24/7 and so does the roomie.
@writersedge (22579)
Wow! Really does sound like you love it. Take care
@ElicBxn (60892)
Oh, yeah, love it. And with 2 computer addicts in the house, well, maybe you can remember me starting a discussion about im-ing each other in the other room....
@rsa101 (16924)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Getting a broadband connection does have its advantages. First you would not need to dial up your ISP and also your telephone is freed from being always being busy even thought your online. That is one of the best decision I made when we transferred to a new home. The phone company in my location did offer a rate that is acceptable to our budget. So I guess it has been more than a year that I am enjoying my broadband connection. I can call on phone and surf at the same time. during my dial up days these were an impossible thing to do. Another thing I like is the speed of the net which is incredible compared to a dial up.
@writersedge (22579)
I know mine is high speed, but I don't think it's broadband. If it's both, that would be even better. There are internet jobs that require broadband. But whenever I invest more money for a job, I don't generally get that job. So I think I'll stick with what's coming no matter whether it has broadband included or not. Thanks and take care.
@rsa101 (16924)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Yes, I guess those are the same, some of it are also called as DSL, Cable Modem, and many more, but I think they are all but the same. But I am not really sure maybe its just the technical terms that your place ising it but they are all the same.
@shana123 (2096)
I guess im using 250 Kbps and this itself is good for us.. we are using broadband so far i havent experienced any troubles like internet connection getting disconnected during when someone is on the call.. but i heard this and i felt it would really irritating if something happens like that.. and wish you to come with hogh speed and good josh.. Happy mylotting
@writersedge (22579)
If using a phone line, you get either a call or the computer, can't have both on the same line. But with high speed, we can. Will be nice. Thanks for the well-wishes and glad you don't have that irritation.
@carolbee (16241)
I still have dial up. Seriously thinking about getting rid of it but I don't want high speed through our cable company. Cable goes out and everything goes out and it could be out for days. I would go through our phone company. We do have 2 phone lines in the house because I keep one open for business calls or softball calls for my husband. I would have to have someone help me through the process of connecting to a high speed. Have a connection in back of my computer but it needs something, what I really don't know. Good luck and hope you like high speed, carolbee
@writersedge (22579)
Yes, I'm concerned if high speed goes out through cable. I would have gone with our phone company, but long distance and local were so bad when I first came here, I was better off to go outdoors and yell. So I changed to Verizon. But our local phone may be better now. I don't know, but it used to be so scratchy no one could understand anyone. So I can just imagine how wonderful (NOT!) our computer lines would be. Unless things have improved a lot. Thanks and take care.
@nanayangel (7859)
Hi there Writer's Edge! That's great! Congratulations with your high speed internet! I hope that you will be more than satisfied with it.
@writersedge (22579)
I think I will be more satisfied. I certainly hope so. 6 months from now it will cost much more, so it had better be work think. Thanks and take care
@iskayz (5422)
Hey great for you! Having a high speed internet is a lot of help in doing online business. It's also not boring and irritating while waiting on its uploading and the work is at a faster rate. Me, I'm still struggling with my internet. Glitches always happens because its too slow. While working here in mylot, I always have to redo my postings because the connection is often cut off. Sometimes I don't even know which is the problem, my computer or my internet. But my brother and I had a speed check and my internet has a 14-17% uploading speed. Way too sloowwww.. Its really irritating and sometimes you can even take a nap. No kidding. You'd feel sleepy while waiting. I'm planning to replace it someday. Maybe get a new provider or upgrade it to a higher speed. But not until february next year when my contract is finished. Ciao! Enjoy your new high speed internet!
Congratulations!