I just got my star!

@oscar6 (1939)
I have just reached 100 posts and im so excited. Im hoping soon i will be able to get my first check. I was wondering though, what does the number on the star mean? Is there any special priveleges i get now for having 100 posts?
@James72 (26832)
Good for you! Your yellow star of 8 is your ranking. 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest. The more positive ratings you get from members, the higher your rating and the more negative ratings you get, the lower it goes..... Your next privelege will be at 200 and you can then add smilies; after that comes 500 where you can start to cut and paste into discussions. There is also a level to get to where you can start adding pictures to your responses as well. I think this level too is 500 but I am not 100% sure? You will always get out of this site what you put into it so good luck and I hope you get as much out of being on here as tens of thousands of us have!
@oscar6 (1939)
Thank you for clearing up what the number means. I guess and eight isnt too bad then yeah me! lol I cant wait to get 200 so that i can get that smiley privelege, I love smileys! Thanks for your response!
Hi James, thanks for painting the clearer pictures of what the star represents. All these while, I thought it represents the quality of our posting and thus was the rank given by Mylot, so it's now clear that it was affected by the positive or negative rating by other Mylot members. Cool!
@James72 (26832)
You are both most welcome!
congratulations. YOU deserve TWO congrats. ONE for the extreme feat of getting an 8 STAR rating. and the other is for getting past the threshold 100 posts. Hope you know, that after crossing 500 posts, you have the liberty to cut, copy and paste into the forum posts. You can raise your earning levels really quick, that way. Now, I have made my own interpretation. Though you might not be getting any special priveleges, it is almost equal to a star in military. you are now a 8 STAR general. GOODLUCK SIR./MADAM.
@oscar6 (1939)
well thank you! I think it will be awhile until i reach 500 put when i get there it will be awesome to be able to increase my earnings. I dont make much here but i enjoy discussing things about my life. I am really looking forward to eventually discussing enough things to make that ten dollar mylot payout. I think im well on my way. Thanks for your response!
@klaudine (3653)
Wow! I should congratulate you for that, Dude! I don't really understand about the star, but I believe it related to the [+] and the [-] on your responses or your topics. :)
@oscar6 (1939)
according to the other peoples responses I do believe your right. I didnt know until today that you could even rate peoples responses. i have been doing that alot today since people have told me that you get more money if people rate you well and you rate other people. Im not sure if its true but its worth a try. Thanks for the congrats!
@Anne18 (11036)
I'm so pleased for you, I can ewmwber how excited I was when I got to 100 posts. I'm so near now to 1000, I hope to get there today, fingers being crossed. Its so much fun here
@oscar6 (1939)
Congrats it looks like you made it to 1000 and beyond. you must have put a lot of hard work into this site. Some day I hope to have 1000 posts but it will take me awhile esp since school is starting tomorrow and that takes up a lot of my time. Is there any special thing you get to do when you reach 1000 or is that just a goal you set for yourself?