Why All Animals Can Swim But Only Human Beings Sinks In Water ?

@Ganesh44 (5547)
Dear Friends I read in a book all the animals ...dog,cat,elephant,buffallow can automatically float and swim in water .... But Why only human beings sinks in it ......????? Thanku Ganesh
@Munchkin547 (2778)
I think animals have the instinct to swim so that they don't drown, and while when we grow up we can't naturally swim unless we have been taught human babies have a reflex reaction which means that when they are put in water they will kick their legs in a swimming like action, but it seems that after a while (a few months i think, but not sure!) they lose this reflex and can't swim anymore until they get taught later on in life!! hope that's helpful! xxx
@Ganesh44 (5547)
ohhhh you are very creative you went thinking so ahead with your very creative mind ..... Yes animals seem to have natural instinct which we human beings adopt in artifical way.... And that requires training .... Really good piece of imagination and logic at your end ...your reply tells that you could be a great engineer with such a strong logic and imagintion ..... All the best Thanks Ganesh
hehe thanks but it wasn;t really imagination, human babies really do have that reflec for a while, it's fact!! xxx
@Ganesh44 (5547)
even if u dont believe its imagination....just c you imagined non swimmer -) entering into water ....... -) he is trying to use his arms and legs to swim -)he is tired and he cant do anymore lol c your response made me to see all this ..just by few lines ..IF I write all things I can make out from your response u would be surprised ..... Thanks Ganesh
@wolveren (1568)
• Cebu, Philippines
Hi ganesh44. you have a good discussion there. I wish to share my experience in this one. Ok, basically an older child capable of thought would likely sink as soon as the fear factor would hit when the child gets into the water. By fear factor, reasoning tries to take over instead of just kicking and swaying arms. But, from my experience in some muslim tribes south of my country, all the members of these race are taught to instinctively swim since childbirth. It has been proved beyond reasonable doubt that a baby has this capacity to swim. Days old babies are tossed into the sea by their parents as part of a ritual. This are done by tribes who live most of their lives by the sea. Since the infants are incapable of reasoning at their very young age they instinctively flay their arms and feet. This way the baby is capable of floating on instinct and the impulse to stay above water. One other thing is that the baby may be familiar with liquid around him because from within the mother's womb he is surrounded by fluids. This is of course a ritual done many ages by the muslims in my country. Do not do this at home. Happy posting!!!
@wolveren (1568)
• Cebu, Philippines
I'm from the Philippines. We have muslim brothers in the south while we are christians in the north. Yes, it is true. But not all of the tribes do this. Only those tribes who live most of their lives by the sea. Such as their work involves a lot of fishing and of course pearl diving and the like. Really young babies don't have the reasoning of an adult so they only strive to keep their head above water instead of letting panic get in the way. Of course the parents are there for any emergency in case anything goes wrong. Not all babies do have the ability to instinctively swim, that's why the parents are there to guide them in case they are a bit slow. Some do have to be taught though. I have seen this once on cable where people from other places do teach their young babies to swim in the pool. I think you can find it in youtube. I haven't been to the south for quite some time now, perhaps one day when I visit there I may be able to video these rituals for educational purposes and post them online. Happy posting!!!
@Ganesh44 (5547)
Hey infact your response is quiete interesting and infromative.....I will never forget it ...yes you are right ....young baby dont have fear logic.....even they are supervised. Thanks for your response and such a nice information... Happy Mylotting Take Care Ganesh
@wolveren (1568)
• Cebu, Philippines
It's my pleasure to share what I know and have experienced Ganesh44. You keep up the good work on creating new discussions. I also learned a lot from mylot you know. Happy MyLotting!!! Cheerios!
@James72 (26829)
Maybe they don't have the panic reflex that humans have and their brains just kick in and make their bodies do what comes naturally? A human being exercises reasoning in a far more complex manner than any other animal so therefore rather than also do what comes naturally, they are convinced they do not know how to swim and then panic! Keep in mind that you are also referring to four legged animals in your post and all of these animals have a different body displacement in water compared to humans. They are shaped better to cover a greater surface area. If you were to look closer at primates for example that share a somewhat similar body structure as humans you may find that they too are nowhere near as adept in the water as a four legged animal like the ones you have mentioned. So for sure there are both physical AND mental factors that make this what it is.....
@Ganesh44 (5547)
Hey even monkeys can swim...I suppose .... Yes may be fear factor ....causes this .... But I think GOD has taught swimming before they were born .....ha ha ha lol..just joking .... Yes may be strong reasoning has drawback for human beings once they r in water .... Thanku Ganesh
@James72 (26829)
Yes many monkeys CAN swim for sure..... But there are also many species of monkeys that share the same morbid fear of water as humans too. Their reasoning capabilities are more advanced than say a cow or a buffalo or a dog so maybe this further backs up my theory?
@Ganesh44 (5547)
ohhhh lol hey I dont have this much knowledge about monkey spices so may be you are right .... Thanks Ganesh
@shamzy18 (2319)
hi yeah that is true but many animals have features like long eyelashes or thick fur or camouflaging skin or stuff like that to protect them out in the open and i guess them autiomatically being able to swim is just one of them. we humans on the other hand have to teach our selves.
@Ganesh44 (5547)
ohhh yes nature has given them lot of natural accessories to swim in water ..... May be we have other things like brain that fish and others who can swim dont have ..... Thanks Ganesh
Hi Ganesh44, I think animals don't have fear of water so when animals are in the water they swim naturalley, but humans have fear of water so some cannot swim and they can drown by panicking. Tamara
@Ganesh44 (5547)
lol...yes you are right ...seems animals are more brave than human beings ....ha ha ha lol.... But you replied right it seems you know swimming .... Thanks Ganesh
• Chengdu, China
And that is the difference between human primates and non-human primates. Non-human primates:
Creative Animodel provides the highest quality of non-human primate bio-research services to help clients answer their research questions and aid with candidate selection.