How many months would you change the toothbrush of your kid?

@djoyce71 (2512)
Kids use toothbrush everyday and maybe, just maybe, some parents use the same old toothbrush for so long until bristles are bent already. A lot of bacteria can stay in toothbrushes after use and when you brush again, it's there and can be transferred to your mouth. How many months would you change the toothbrush of your kid?
@clickicy (571)
Well every 2 month, because my wife said it's brush kind a mess. Well she always buy a soft one soo, yah, 2 month is a maximum lifespan...
@ravinskye (8242)
I change my kids brushes every 6 months if not more often. If they are sick I will change it right after they are sick too. I think the standard time is 6 months. I couldn't imagine using a tooth brush for more than that. I usually keep a few extra on hand so when I'm ready to change them I can just do it.
@djoyce71 (2512)
Hello. Great mom ravinskye. You're a girlscout, always prepared. And yes, it's bad to keep using a toothbrush for more than six months, it would be bad for the kids. Good evening.
@maximax8 (28559)
I change my toddler's toothbrush every six months. The bristles get bent over a period of time then the toothbrush is not so nice to use. He got given a free tooth brush by his health visitor and then I bought him a blue toothbrush, now he has just started using a yellow toothbrush. He doesn't like a minty toothpaste so I use a fruity toothpaste for children. It comes from a health food shop and contains vegan ingredients.
@djoyce71 (2512)
Hello maximax. It's common that children hate minty taste, they like sweet tasting paste. You're doing a good job mom maximax. Good evening to you.
@pitstop (6814)
Toothbrush - It is better to change toothbrushes every 3 months
Its not just for children - its true even for adults. It is better to change the toothbrush once in 3 months. If you have a throat infection it is better to use a new one after it is cured!
@djoyce71 (2512)
I agree pitstop. We should change our toothbrushes especially when we are ill like the one you mentioned. Good evening.
@dong1970 (1573)
well my wife is very aware of this kind of situation,she changes our toothbrush every six months,i asked her about it if why does she changes it regularly.She answered me this way " My sister is a dentist and she told me about this".
@djoyce71 (2512)
Hi dong. Your wife is great. Very much aware of it. Good evening.
@tlb0822 (1412)
I think that toothbrushes should be changed every 3-6 months. If the brissels are really worn then they should be changed sooner. It is good to change out your toothbrush for a new one so it continues to clean like they are suppose to and for sanitary reasons.
@yogeshdhusa (2237)
Hi djoyse, I use oralb tooth brush, which has special way to indicate that brush need to be changed.. it had blue bristels and as soon as the colur vanish away then we change the tooth brush. We all use oralb so every one changes the brush/ I have used the neem brush as well. its the best way of keep the teeth healthy .. thanks and enjoy
@msedge (4012)
Before i don't change my toothbrush until its broken but i always make sure my daughter change her toothbrush every 6 months.And i make even for my whole family now.We also have dental cleaning every 6 months and we are given free toothbrush from our dentist.Thats what makes it sooooooooooooo nice.We don't have to spend for it.
@bamakelly (5194)
I usually like to change my son's toothbrush as well as my own at least every three months. You are right about the bacteria that can build. Also keep in mind that after you have a cold or your child is sick to change the toothbrush once the sickness is over because of that bacteria being traced to the toothbrush.