to-may-to, to-mah-to

@SaintAnne (5453)
Is it myLotters? or myloters? or myLot users? Just wondering.
@mymelodake (1339)
i think it's mylotters. i feel like it should be "mylot users," but that's a mouthful, so i prefer mylotters heheh. you know, i was going to answer to-may-to lolz
hi there... hahahaha... same here... happy mylotting....
@SaintAnne (5453)
Pu-teY-tow, pu-tah-tow... the latter one sounds like a curse word in our language.
@petiksmode (2986)
hmmm i always refers myself and the other as MYLOTTERS but i dont know how others may call it...
@SaintAnne (5453)
I've been using mylotters too.
me too! mylotters... since last year.
@kiiizu (1901)
• Estonia
No idea. I saw "myLotters", "myLot users" and "myLot members". One of my myLot friends (now he unfortunately isn't active anymore) tried to implement a word "myLotians" - he found it much nobler than "myLotters" but he hadn't much success with it. I'm using "myLotters".
@SaintAnne (5453)
I'm starting to like the sound of "myLotians". Like a book in the Bible.
@kiiizu (1901)
• Estonia
I had to open the English Wikipedia article for Bible to understand what you mean... Yes, exactly: Corinthians, Galatians, Thessalonians etc. Really, why not myLotians?
@SaintAnne (5453)
The reason I said that was because in grade school, I was taught to remember the books in the New Testament by singing a song with all the books in there. Now, I miss a lyric (or book) here and there.
@James72 (26829)
"Mylotians" has been shared already and was used quite some time ago by a number of members to describe each other in the past. It was quite popular for a while there but it then suddenly disappeared again. I am not sure why people stopped using it? This was maybe a year ago I guess?
@SaintAnne (5453)
I guess Mylotians already did its time.
@shiloh_222 (5480)
hi there..this is really thought provoking... LOL... hmmmm... mylotters for me... hahahaha.... happy mylotting!
@SaintAnne (5453)
this is a very important subject!
@drannhh (15226)
It is myLotter and here is the reason: When an English language word having a soft vowel followed by a consonant like "t" is given a suffix, the consonant is doubled to preserve the sound of the "o" whereas if the vowel had been long as in tope then the "e" at the end tells us not to double the consonant. This is how we know the difference between topers and toppers. Please forgive my using toper as the example, but I recently started a discussion about Toper's Plant here on myLot and the word is still fresh in my mind. OK, here is another one. People good at tying a knot are knotters, people who naysay might be called notters. Unfortunately, people who take notes are notetakers, probably not noters, though. Like any other rule, there are some exceptions, but myLot is not one of them. MyLot members works too :-)