how long do you think is long enough to get engaged?

@jhl930 (3605)
i am young and i am not thinking about getting engaged or anything like that because i wanted to wait a little longer in life until i decided to get engaged, i just know that one day i do want to get engaged and i know that we all have different opinions on this matter, some of us say that we should date someone for years before we get engaged to really learn each other and then some say that there is no certain time just whenever it feels right for you, so i was just wondering what your opinion is, how long do you think is long enough before you get engaged? thanks for taking the time out of your day to read and hopefully reply to my discussion, i hope that you all have a great evening and night and the rest of your week is really good as well...thanks!
@Humbug25 (12551)
Hi jhl930 I think a year is pretty good because I think that you should know by then if you are with right person or not!
@jhl930 (3605)
i really think that a year is awhile, i know that when i get ready to get engaged i want to make sure that its the right person, thanks for taking the time to reply to my discussion!