How do you feel about using cell phones to purchase products?

@kgwat70 (13396)
I hear more and more that in the near future we will be able to use our cell phones for purchases instead of credit cards. How does everyone feel about that? Do you feel safe doing it that way?
@Asylum (48223)
• Manchester, England
I think that the security issues currently existing with mobile phones will have to be seriously addressed before I would consider any such practice. There is far too much talk at the moment about people learning new ways of breaching mobile phones, particularly with bluetooth being so popular at the present. A lot of people are still wary about internet shopping and banking, and the computer is much more secure than a mobile at present.
@kgwat70 (13396)
I agree that I would take caution and wait to make sure it was safe before doing such a thing. I was cautious when online shopping first became available. In my state currently they are doing some testing as we speak to see how this would work and the security issues.
I don't think to buy anything by cell phone. Is it safe ?
@kgwat70 (13396)
They said it is supposed to be safer than credit cards or debit cards as the phones and machines will have extra security measures.
I dont purchase too much over the phone any more..;)+
@kgwat70 (13396)
Thank you for your comments. They are planning to swipe cell phones by their machine, just like a credit card. The charges would go on your phone bill. Interesting but not sure how safe that is.
@happygal68 (3277)
I am not so sure I would participate in that one. I don't think it would be safe to use the cell phone to purchase products, because sometimes you can overhear others cell conversations. It doesn't happen all that often, but it does happen and being my luck someone would steal my info and run up a heck of a bill.
@kgwat70 (13396)
I agree that this is something to really think about, especially with identity theft and all the other crimes being committed these days. How secure can using a phone to buy things be?
@yogi23 (149)
i feel its sometimes unsafe to purchase online or by phone, its always better approch the place where u want to purchase the goods. U get better exercise
@kgwat70 (13396)
What they are saying about the cell phone is that it will have some kind of capability where they swipe your phone intead of a credit card for purchases. Supposedly it has a better security measure than a credit card but that remains to be seen. :-)
@Lydia1901 (16354)
Cell phone - Cute Cells!!!!
I don't know what to say about that. I still don't feel safe everytime I use my credit card to purchase things online, because of the identiy theft. Cell phone would be a little weird to me. But, I would try it once before I have to make a decision.
@kgwat70 (13396)
It is a very interesting concept and would allow us to not have to carry many things around with us. Not sure exactly how it will work out but a company here where I live is going to do some testing with it in the upcoming weeks.
@sj_chaudhry (1537)
i dont think so that it will really gonna happen. but if does then i think it will be good as it will be work like 2 in 1 ;-)
@KrauseHome (35514)
I am Sorry, but I actually am not for this idea. It would be too easy for someone else to get ahold of my Cell phone and get something I did not autorize, and then I would think Identity theft would increase even more from this, or people loosing money unautorized. I for one hope they never go thru with it, or make it only as an option.