do you really think about the food you buy from store or resturant

between the lady dying of rat pee on a coke can, tomotoes, peppers, hamburger, and so much more have you really ever gave thought to what you are buying? i mean when i was younger i went to a ketchup factory with a relative and what i saw there i will never eat ketchup again. they have a huge net that they use to dip rats, bugs , and other unwanted out of the vats that they mix it in. it really makes you wonder though with all the new stuff that is happening with our food should we really want to eat it lol. i mean we pay high prices for food that makes us sick. that poor lady with the coke thing that happened i mean who would of thought and she died from it. i have worked in resturants alot and i have seen some really nasty stuff. like waffle house cooks mixing the waffle batter with a smoke in there mouth and the ashes drop in the batter and they say oops oh well it mixes and you dont know. or have you ever taken the little deals off the coke machines some where the spickets where the coke comes out of yuckkkkkkkk it has mold on them most of the time. they get washed maybe like once every few months. there are so many things that are just gross but yet we all buy the stuff and go out to eat. it is really scarey if you think of it.
@bamakelly (5194)
Well now that you put it that way!! I imagine that every once in a while it could run across someone's mind about these things. I have know a restaurant or two in my day that have closed down due to sanitary conditions. I look back at one place in my mind and I can't believe I ate somewhere where mice have been rumored to be on food at a buffet. These things happen but people walk into these establishments every day. I do try to keep an open mind to these things but I am not dwelling on it.
@cripfemme (7718)
I feel the same about Taco Bell. Once, when I was driving back from a protest with friends we stopped at Taco Bell. I was so sick for a day and a half afterwords that I still can't pass a Taco Bell without wanting to vomit. It's really scary when you consider this sort of thing. However, I don't think I'll be giving up restaurants anytime soon. Eating out is part of our culture and I would miss it if I didn't do it.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I think that we would all just fall over if we knew all the things that happen. I just make sure that I wash what I can, and make sure to cook things completely.
@miller1978 (1104)
I agree with you that it's not only disgusting but also dangerous. I have a friend of mine who cannot eat anything that is takeout food due to a medical problem. She has to be careful of what she eats and who touches it before she eats it. After attending a pig roast a few years back I don't eat hog meat or pig meat(whichever you call it) anymore because it was disgusting to watch how it was prepared. Also don't drink out of soda cans due to the fact of too many people getting sick. If I have to I make sure to wash the can lid off just like I do all my canned food. You can never be to safe. Most of my vegetables I don't have to worry about because I home grow those.