Do you have a library card?

China
Well, since i've graduated and got a job, it's difficult for me to read books for free. I live in a small town far away from downtown, so it's taxing to take a 2-hour bus to get to big library. But it's free to borrow books there, and in this way, i can save lots of money. Pricky~ Buy books or waste time on the way to borrow books?
Hi lynettebyc, Well now tat you are working maybe you can save and buy yousrelf a book? Tamara
Yeah, Tamara, i can buy myself a book, but i can't buy all the books that i want to see, a library card is very important in that case
i don't remember the last time i borrowed books from the library and went to a library...it was when i was in school the next to it i never went to a public library in town...
The last time i borrowed the book was a year ago when i was in the university. I should have read more if i aware the advantage of library
@guybrush (4661)
I used to have a library card - but I don't even know where it is now! When my children were little I used to have to take one of them into town every day after school for her ballet lesson - and while the rest of us were waiting for her to finish, we'd go in the library! The librarian loved us, because she said their stats were way up because the other three kids used to borrow half a dozen books each every day! But when my daughter finished ballet, that was the end of that - and nowadays I buy books. I love libraries, though.
There's no library in my hometown, my parents have never taken me to a library and neither did i learn ballet I guess if i learned and they indeed needed to wait for me, they'd pick a shopping mall or a restaurant rather than a library. You're a good parent. My parents are good too, but in a different way
hi,lynettebyc,you have a good hobby,reading.i love reading,too.when i was a student,my family is so poor,that i can't afford to but one book,later,i come into college,i am so happy,because i can reading free books,so i got much from it.now,i am working,i have to buy expensive books as others,because it's impossble to borrow books here.there is not one good library at all.sometimes,i thought i might run a bookstore,haha.thank internet,i can find many free books on it.
I do have a library card and love to visit our local library. I also like the benefits my library provides online,like downloadable audio books. I also check out a lot of DVD movies from my local library. I think it is great.
@maddysmommy (16236)
I do and visit the library often. On occasion I might buy a second hand book from a book sale but most of the time I do borrow books from our local library. My son loves the library too!
@gabbana (1815)
hi, i have two library cards for one is not enough. with one card, you can only borrow 6 books.
Yes, I have a library card. I remember when I was little, I was so excited when my mom would take me to the library. Then in school we would go once a week as a class trip. Even when I moved I made sure to get a library card at our local library. I used to just love to go there to see if they had anything interesting I had not discovered yet.
@magna86 (1787)
well, i had my library card when i was in college!!! as you would know there are a heck a lot of books that we need to refer in order to get good marks.. i used those library cards very frequently!! rather i would be in the library whenever i get some free time!! but now.. i keep that library card as a treasure which has memories of ma college life!!!
@xParanoiax (6999)
I have four library cards. If I get my way, I'll add more bit by bit throughout my life =) I only live near one of them, but they're in several cities, so no matter where I am I can borrow some books on have access to the internet. I love libraries alot, you see =)
lynettebyc I think myself that its well worth that trip to be able to read for free, and I do have a library cardbut I also buy some books from doubleday book club. I too have to ride a bus as its too far to walk but my ride only takes twenty minutes eac h way. I have always had a library card wherever I have been. I love to read and would never be without a card. lol.
@sumiirajj (1983)
Hi friend,Yes I do have a library card.I used to be very crazy getting books from library.I finish a book as soon as possible so that I can get more books .But now after joining mylot I have really forgotten library and books.Have a great day. Happy mylotting.
I do! Our family travels a lot so every new city or town we move to we make sure to get library cards for the kids. They love it and even though I'm only in a new place every 3 months the money that I spend in the community hopefully goes to fund the library. Plus the library usually has CD's and DVD's, I could go nuts in there but they have those silly limits on stuff.
@hellcowboy (7383)
I think I have a library card from a long time ago even though I do not go to the library very often,my fiance also has a library card to a library in the county she used to live in,I think the only real time I went to the library was when I was in school and needed a book,or need to do research on something,and since my parents have a desktop and me and my fiance have a laptop we do not need to go to the library to use the computers.
@littleowl (7157)
Hi lynette I have a library card but dont use it now the books I want to read are in my bookcase and thats a library in itself..littleowl
@vanities (11343)
• Davao, Philippines
nope none right now..but i had when i used to read books in the city library..and unfortunately i lost it...and right now have no time to read books at the library..i prefer to browse or surf in the net than reading!!
@bjcyrix (6910)
Hi! yeah its still nice to read books. Maybe you can go to the library once a week or something and borrow as many books as you can so that you wont have to go back and forth just to borrow and return one book. It is expensive nowadays to buy books, especially good books. So having a place to borrow free books is always great. It doesnt have to be time wasting while on the bus ride. MAybe you can do something while in the bus, maybe read a newspaper, take a nap, or anything that you find worthwhile. Thats just a suggestion. You can always go with the things that you like to do. Well, enjoy reading those books.