Now I'm scared to buy groceries!!

@nixxi76 (3192)
What's this world coming to? First it was our water where it was dangerous to drink from our own taps. Then recently we found at the grocery shops and restaurants, notes about how tomatoes were recalled because of sominilla poison. Next is our meat! A certain bacteria called listeriosis which is a natural bacteria found in food is becoming mutated and killing people around Canada. I'm not too sure if it's a problem in the states but it sure is here There has been many meats that have been recalled and I"m petrified to even go shopping now. Who knows.... maybe my family has already ingested it? The symptoms come off like a flu which include vomiting, nausea, stomach cramps, diarrhea, severe headache, constipation, persistent fever, stiff neck, loss of balance, convulsions. A lot of people are overworking the blood labs and getting tested for listeriosis. Another way to get tested for it is having a spinal fluid test as well. It can take from 11 - 70 days for listeriosis to show up with symptoms. Are you also seeing this discussion on the news?
@Lakota12 (42794)
No I havent heard about this one. Whwen I do hear anything wrong with food they hqave already pulled it off the shelfes Just dont have the time to worry about what might happen. and we got to eat to stay alive.
@nixxi76 (3192)
I"m wondering if it's karma coming back at us for killing all those animals and eating them? I wonder what God's theory or answer is for this one? Thanks for your comment
@Lakota12 (42794)
NOpe dont think so . they were put here to feed and cloth us but modern man is wasteful and dont use all tof the animals like they should. NAtive Indians used every thing they could of the animals even the bones for sewing. So nope dont think its karma at all, Blessings
@KrauseHome (31976)
Personally I think there is No Way that you can totally protect yourself and your family, and be safe from these type of things. Even when there is all of the warnings, etc. out there, you need to always be cautious as well. I know that you could strain from everything and have no Fun as well, but the choice is definately yours. When you learn to be safe but enjoy eating you are doing yourself a Big favor as well.
@nixxi76 (3192)
Thanks for your comment
@twoey68 (13662)
There has been alot of problems in the last year or two with contaminated foods and I really think that the whole food inspection program needs to be overhauled. There isn't really any way to know whether what your buying is safe or not so unless your raising all your own food, your taking a chance. I haven't heard of the listeriosis thing as of yet...mostly it's been sominella that has been in so many things. They really need to be alot stricter with what they import into our country. [b]~~AT PEACE WITHIN~~ **STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS**[/b]
@nixxi76 (3192)
I was listening to the radio on the way home from work yesterday morning and heard about that sominella poisoning was found through some products made from peanuts. There was some icecream that had it too and mail order foods from the united states. Thanks for your comment
@nengs10 (3189)
This is alarming in some sense. I am a fan of groceries and things that are there like many others. This is such a dreadful news for all of us. I just noticed that these days, a number of news about food poisoning and its chemical content have spread. We should all be very careful.
@nixxi76 (3192)
It is very alarming in many ways. What's more scary is when a life is taken for us to realize what kind of poisoning is really out there. It's too bad awareness such as this exists Thanks for your comment
Oh my!! that is serious:( that really sucks. I am sorry to hear aboutt hat.. i havent read anything online. and i cant watch the news on tv. i have no cable so:( I would really be paranoid to go grochery shopping for meats too. Mabey yall should go on a no meat diet untill it is over with and everything is safe again. Like do alot of rice and fish?? i wonder is fish contaminated to? Oh my yea i can understand why the bllod labs are over crowded. no one wants a spinal anything ahaha so much pain involved in that:P....
@nixxi76 (3192)
lol yes I would sooner get a little needle rather than a huge one in my back lmao. I'm not too sure how long it will take to pass. I love fish so I probably could switch my diet to that for sometime. Thanks for your comment
@sedel1027 (17868)
I think I read something about this. Problem is, foods that is processes on such a massive level can never really be "safe". If you want safe food, but it locally, straight from the farmer.
@nixxi76 (3192)
Thanks for your comment
@Meljep (1668)
It's best to be on guard at all times against bacteria. We never know which one is going to show up at our home, place of work, place of fun, etc. We should always cook our food throughally, and wash our hands and surfaces we are preparing food on. Shop for food made or grown locally. Take plenty of vitamin C to keep your immune system strong. Try not to be petrified.
@nixxi76 (3192)
Yes that's absolutely true, we don't know what will show up.. thanks for your comment