do you still remember the first time you watched a movie in the cinema?

what movie was it, and what part of the experience do you vividly remember? as for me, the first movie i've ever watched was disney's beauty and the beast. i don't remember exactly how old i was...probably around 7 or 8 and i was sooo excited. my mom, my sister and i didn't come early, so by the time we got there, it was so crowded that we couldn't find seats anymore. i remember there was this really bossy lady and she was elbowing her way to the front. i don't know what came over me, but when she pushed pass me, i shoved her! i didn't shove her hard enough that she fell over, but she did lurch forward a bit. i remember how she turned around and yelled in our direction. i still can't believe i did it, but i think it was because it was dark inside and i was sure she wouldn't know it was me. if it was in broad daylight, i never would have done it! what about you?
@cher913 (25887)
yup, sort of...i was about 5 and my mom took me to see Cinderella (ok, it was a long time ago!) and i also remember going to see the Aristocats at the movie theatre too for a birthday party...
hi thanks for the reply... Cinderella is a nice movie... i had fun and still have fun watching it...LOL happy mylotting!!!!
@3cardmonte (5098)
definitely, she pushed you,she deserves to be pused back! the first movie i ever watched in the cinema was called fierce creatures, it had John Cleese and Jamie lee curtis in it, i went with all my friends,really really fun
hehe i think i pushed her harder though!
@SaintAnne (5453)
I can hardly remember the first time I watched a movie. I think I was somewhere around 4-6 years old and it was some Santa Claus movie. I know the Father took us there. I will remember to stay away from you when I think you're in the theater with me. A good distance so as not to be shoved. Hahah.
hahahah fortunately, cinemas aren't quite as dark as they used to be...
@mishyyu (217)
the first movie I remember watching in a movie theatre was Ghost (Patrick Swayze and Demi Moore) I was only 6 yrs. old and it was R-18, way back then, movie theatres don't have restrictions on viwers' ages.. My mom and nanny wanted to watch the movie so badly and brought me with them coz there was actually a movie double or "free movie after" playing Cinderella, so it was worth the pay.. and then when I was 7, I watched The Little Mermaid, and when I was 8 or 9, Beauty and the Beast was a big hit.. I remember going to that same movie theatre and it was a very large crowd too.. there was a very long queue and I remember noticing that there are more adults mostly guys in the crowd which I eventually find it funny.. so my mom asked our family driver to get us tickets, he was so clever that he made it through the crowd without letting anyone noticed he was actually cutting in line by just merely being polite saying "excuse me.." as he passes each person waiting.. lol. I also remember another funny experience, movie theatres before also doesn't limit the number of viewers to get inside the cinema, and usually even with no more seats available, people still gets in coz when somebody leaves his/her seat, people will fight over it..lol. and for those who were not able to find a seat had no choice but to stand up watching, and I usually hear some people seated at their back yelling at them complaining they can't see..lol. it was a mayhem especially on movie premiers..
you watched ghost at 6? whoa hahaha. yeah they're pretty lax before, now they would ask for your id and wouldn't just take your word when you say how old you are. but still lol!!! yeah it was so crowded we had to stand for a while, which was why i got to shove that lady hahahah we did find seats eventually, i don't think we had to stand really long... just long enough for me shove someone haha. yeah they used to be complete mayhem them.... my cinema experiences are a lot more civilized nowadays....
@shiloh_222 (5480)
hi there... wah.. i am really old.. the first movie i can remember was watching "Supergirl"... lol... by Helen Slater.. i was 4 back then and it was Christmastime.... why did i still remember this insignificant detail? because i received a Christmas gift... in cash... of 5 crisp 10 peso bills... LOL... i paid for our movie tickets with 3 of those.. which left me with 2 only... i was with my dad and mom... from then on, i can still remember the glass shattering... and lara being trapped in the glass.... hehehe... it took decades before i was able to watch it again. and i was amazed by the snippets i can still remember from the movie... LOL i love the Superman movies.... and i grew up watching and admiring these guys in tights... hahahaha... talk about obesession... hahhahaha... i remembeed watching beauty and the beast when i was 12... wah... guess, i am way older than you... hahahaha.... it was very nice... i still like watching it even now...or maybe all the disney animation movies... hehehe... happy mylotting!!!
hi thanks for the best response... hehehehe... how are you doin'?
@luvstochat (6914)
I really don't remember the first time I saw a movie in the cinema. My mom told me she took me to see The Care Bears movie when I was little but I don't remember it. I do remember my dad taking me to see the movie Coctail though.
Hi! I'm not sure if it was my first time in a cinema...I think it is, when I was 6. It was quite a funny experience. Our family went to watch Jurassic Park. Because its rating was PG-7, my parents told me to lie and say I was 7. When we got to the ticket lady at the theater, she asked me how old I was. As I were told, I said 7. Luckily, we got through.
@clickicy (571)
Well no, I don't remember precisely... because there's so many movie that I've watch in my entire life. Maybe it was comedy movie that I've watch with my classmates or may be a science fiction movie that one of my family ask me to watch with... Sorry I can't really remember.
@JannaLee (660)
I can hardly remember as to what movie was that. I guess I was too young then that the memories were hardly imprinted in my mind. My parents were movie fanatics thus they always tag me along whenever they wish to watch a film...^^