manny against oscar - 06 dec 08

@sirrob (4112)
it is confirmed that oscar dela hoya will fight manny pacquiao on 6 december 08, at MGM grand in las vegas. they will be fighting a welterweight class but the true sense is, there's a lot of disparity to name it; height and reach advantage goes to oscar with about 4-5 inches difference in height. pacquiao has only fought ones in 135 lbs which to date is the heaviest he had fought and not 147lbs which is the welterweight. so would pacquiao be that deadly comparing to 135lbs demolition of david diaz? on the other hand pacquiao was offered by golden boy promotions with a stunning and surmounting amount of $10 million but his camp was hoping they could crack down somewhere between $15-18 million. who is your take comes 06 december?
@jpso138 (7868)
Well this would definitely be a great fight to watch. But honestly I am afraid of Manny Pacquiao losing considering that Oscar is very good and though Manny is also very good but as you have said, its the weight difference. The thing is I am concerned of Pacquiao most especially that I am from the Philippines. But regardless, I would go for Pacquiao.
@sirrob (4112)
both have their own sort of advantage and disadvantage, knowing that dela hoya hasn't been fighting in 147 lbs for about 7 years now and with his recent fights he wasn't that devastating already in the ring but that doesn't mean he can't put you to sleep if you are taking him lowly. another thing that puts oscar in the disadvantage is that, manny is too quick for him, he has to find a way to increase his speed if he wants to win the match, yet that wouldn't guarantee that pacquiao would win that easy. we have to remember that despite of oscar's lowly performance in his previous fights yet his a$$ never touched the canvass during his 2 fights with mosley and one with trinidad. both regarded as among the hardest puncher in their own weight class and oscar was never seriously hurt on those fights. manny as we all know is one of them (the hardest hitter0 in 130 and 135 lbs but moving up for 17 more lbs would make a difference in his power and quickness, not to mention the reach advantage that dela hoya has. manny should be close enough to dela hoya to use that power but again it's all about preparation and mental toughness. many had said it that who ever wants it more, would get it and succeed in the end.. see you on december 06.!!!
PACMAN! He's our national fist. I am from the Philippines too. I believe in his strong determination to fight and win.
@sirrob (4112)
that's absolutely right but we i just hope that, that could be carried in his first ever fight in a heavier weight class and with an opponent 4 or 5 inches taller than him and 5 inches advantage in reach. but who knows, oscar might not be able to contain or make par with manny in his quickness.
hi again. whoever wins, I'll accept as long as there's a true sportmanship. Manny had to gain some weight, oscar had to lose some. the fight event should be fair.