Will you immediately believe the OIC or get orders from the Big Boss?

@neildc (17253)
Lapu-Lapu City, Philippines
In my recent discussion, my topic is about my second job that I have to lose. I've got some great responses, encouragement, advises, prayers were all there, from my mylot friends and other mylotters. I would like to thank you all. And as per your advises, I sent a message, an sms to the big boss earlier this morning, to please reconsider his decision. Just minutes ago, he called the office and I was the one who answered the call, so we talked about the situation. He said that the OIC might just misunderstood it. What he actually said was: "Tell Neil that it will gonna be short, but not this time." He asked me what is my plan, and I said, give me some few more days or until the company moves to its new building, so I can still help in setting-up the computers and the network (LAN). He knows that it's not that easy to just sack me out considering the time involved. So we ended the talk and he gave me until the end of September to stay with my job. So how about you? OIC or the Big Boss? (neildc @ red/89/1715)
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
I always prefer to speak with the Big Boss because them and there I can be able to see the facial reactions or the hesitation in his/her voice on the phone. This will enable me to know what is really happening. I am glad tho that you have resolved this little problem. In doing this you will be able to plan better. All the best. Kerry
@msedge (4012)
I would talk whoever has the most power to fire someone and ask the reason why?Actually i easily get hurt on things like this specially when humilliated so i won't ask more questions and accept whatever it is but i must know the reason why.
@iyah10 (4116)
• Kuwait
I felt great about this things that the Manager reconsider your position to their company as well and at least you will have time to find a new work and hope everything would go right in everything with you.....
@newtondak (3950)
I believe it is always best to go to the top and get news first-hand. There can always be misunderstandings when things get passed though several people.
Hi neil, I am pleased that you got till the end of Sepetember but you need to find another job mean while and I think what the big boss says goes, he carrys a lot of weight, I wish you well and hope every thing is getting better in life. Tamara
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]HI neildc, ohhh...I miss that post of yours but I heard the situation from dhangski, anyway, I will be trying to cope up my notification here since I wasn't active much for the past 2 days! ABout your question, I don't always believe the OIC, when I need to clarify something, I prefer talking directly to the Big Boss and I did it a lot of times when I was still working! That is a great news about your second job, I never thought you have it, you're so hardworking and workaholic! Cheers![/i]
@kaezy_kulet (2465)
of course the big boss..the OIC also follows the order of the big boss so he do not have the right to contradict the Boss' decision..Good for you my friend..^_^ at least you will have a much longer period to find a new 2nd job to support for your families needs..Truly God answers our prayer..God Bless you..^_^
@dhangski (3194)
So you did what I've advised you last night huh! I told you, talk to the big boss. LOL. That was really a good news. At least you'll have more time to find a new job before the deadline. As for your question, I already answered it. It will be the Big Boss for me. It's obvious, he's more authoritative than the OIC. Good luck best! HUGZ!