I'd like to know the basics of web design

@fedge098 (1331)
I want to create and maintain my own website but up to now I am not sure what the basics of web design are. I'd like to learn how to create one so that I can make use of it as one of my income-generating vehicles. I learned that some people earn through websites even when they are asleep or on a far away place enjoying their vacation. I myself would want to have the chance of living their way and enjoy my life to the fullest. But before that, I should know the basics. Is there any website or resources that you know could help and teach me?
@creationhub (3070)
You might be interested to check out my internet marketing guru's website. It is called Power Success Marketing. I have learned a good deal about internet marketing and website design from his seminars and training. He has an online wordpress video series that will guide you from being a zero to a hero in wordpress blogging. Check it out at http://www.powersuccessonline.com/?rid=16. Enjoy yourself.
Is that a referral link? Do you know that's against policy? and the thread will be removed.
@fedge098 (1331)
i hope this thread won't be removed as the other responses are really useful to me.
You are right as we are not supposed to post any urls. Sometimes, I do forget and this happens.
@darksorrow (4671)
• Bangladesh
Visit http://www.w3schools.com/ Here you might get some help. Someone told me about this when i was having problem on blogger. This site will teach you how to use many codes. It is full of html, css codes. Hope that helps.
That link will help you a lot. I myself learned a lot of css from that site and html.
@fedge098 (1331)
ok, will check this one out. thanks darksorrow!
@insulin (2483)
I always want to learn about the basics of web design but I heard that you need a full time on learning it.I am about to take the course of web designer but I was thinking If I can do it.SO I think well and yeah I think its not pretty easy for me at all but if you really want to learn the basics,you can search some basics online on how to learn basics of web designing.:-0 GOod luck and have a nice day..
@xphunt3r (244)
• Nepal
Don't think about basic.. Just think for professional.. All you need to play with designing software. I use photoshop cs3. Just play with color, think new ideas, read a tutorials around web, collect the web layout and give new and your own design. After having ideas of layout.. then we will go for htmal, css, etc. Just try to create preview of web design in photoshop. Its going popular and easy to create web rather than going directly to coding.
• Japan
I will recommend you the book 'Building a Website for Dummies' by David A. Crowder. It is one of the best book if you don't know anything about website building and how to make it popular. It has many useful information on publicizing your website also. Buy and start. There will be a free trial CD along with the book.
@pkraj111 (2459)
There is one software that allows you to do design a web site without having any programming language. I can give you the site for soft. Just mail me if you want that at username here followed by gmail/yahoo. It is a cool software.
I know absolutely nothing about Web Design so that is why I am taking classes at my local junior college. When I am finished with the program, I will have a Web Design Certificate. That way, I have something to back me up when I start earning money designing websites for other people. Look into home studying schools that offer web design. Usually, these schools offer online learning or learn-at-home courses. Also, check out your local junior college and see if you can take a intro to web design class. This class will teach you the basics of creating websites.
hey friend..!! there r many source that u can learn basic web designing but sorry i cant put link here..!! if u wanna link then pls pm me..!! i will send u the link..!! keep loting