Orchids, so easy to grow

My orchid - My orchid in my day room
@lilaclady (28245)
Australia
When I first saw orchids I thought they look so beautiful and so delicate they would be very hard to grow, I thought for sure they would need a hot house and very special care but i bought a couple of plants a few years ago and i can't believe how easy they are to grow, i just leave them outside in the weather and bring them in ehrn they are in flower, this orchid I have had in my front room for weeks now, they are so beautiful and well worth the money I think...
Hi lilaclady, I love orchids so much, they so pretty but too expensive to buy, I don;t think they would grow easily here where I live as its get too cold but mysister got one in her front room and it doing nicely. Tamara
@lilaclady (28245)
yes they can be expensive but i waited until the end of the season when they were putting them out cheaper, i didn't get much time with the original flowers but they flowered again for me....
I don't know how to grow orchid, but my Mom have some of them at her house. She also says that orchid is easy to take care of. She has them in purple, and I love purple. I'm sure yours as beautiful too! Happy mylotting and have a nice day!!
@moondancer (7434)
Thank you for posting this. I have always thought the same thing and for this reason I have not grown them. I love the flowers and wanted to grow them. Thanks to you, I will now.
@diansinta (7552)
Hi there lilaclady, I love your orchid picture you upload. Yes, orchid is a very strong flower. Can live at hot or no sun places, just need small sun. My mom grows orchid in her front yard. She love them, she spray water to them every afternoon. Happy posting always!! oxo'dian from Bali island.
How lovely!I have never grown orchids, and I wonder if I can in hot Mangalore. I guess I have to try. :) Cheers and happy mylotting
it's really beautiful flower ,expecially the kind like butterfly i love it so much,but it's too expensive
@allurejan (197)
Those are really pretty orchids. I like orchids also. In fact, I have a variety of them back home before. Sadly, they're not attended well when I worked in Manila so they're gone now :(
@liquorice (3901)
I agree that orchids are very beautiful and delicate, and the one you have looks especially so. However, we had a really bad experience of growing one! Somebody bought it for us as an anniversary present, and it was lovely, and we followed all the instructions that came with it, but the flowers just dropped off one by one!! I don't think we're particularly green-fingered (or thumbed, lol!) I'm glad that you're having more luck (or are perhaps more skilled!) Enjoy the beauty .
Are they really that easy to manage? Cause I have been wanting some for a long time but I have always been afraid that I won't be able to devote enough time to them. Liv
@stephcjh (32328)
I'm glad that they were easy to grow for you. I do not have avery good green thumb at all. It is very hard for me to keep live plants living also. My m other has very good luck with fresh flowers though.
@williamjisir (22909)
Hello dear liaclady. I am glad to know that you enjoy so much of the beautiful orchid that you have planted. I also like flowers. Right now, I have sunflowers in clay pot outside my apartment. I love to see the sun flowers and the other kinds. Enjoy your life, friend.