Asking questions.

@Pose123 (21666)
There was a time many years ago, when people had a saying, "Children should be seen and not heard". Thankfully we have advanced beyond that stage, now most people realize that it is by asking questions that we learn and grow. What a lot of people seem to have forgotten is that asking question must be a life long process. It is when we feel that we no longer have to ask questions,that we become stagnant and often our arrogance begins to show. This can happen in almost all aspects of our life, whether it be work, business, religion, politics, space exploration, and hundreds of other things. When we feel that we have reached the summit, and there is nothing else to discuss, and we close the door of our minds to further dialogue, it is then that we are truly lost. We are meant to question anything and everything, it is a part of the joy of living.
@3cardmonte (5098)
well said. People see asking questions as a sign of stupidity,but no one knows everything and i cant stand it when people pretend to know what somebody else is talking about, it just makes them seem all the more stupid when they are dound out. You dont ask, you'll never know
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi 3cardmonte, Thank you for responding, very good thoughts. Blessings.
@Elixiress (3893)
I do not believe that we need to question anything and everything as many things are indeed straight forward and there is no need for questioning. There is nothing more annoying then trying to converse with someone and they are just sitting there saying "why" that is not a discussion, that does not benefit anyone, just annoys the receiver, yet it is asking questions. There is always a time and a place for asking questions, if people wait then the answers may be told to them without them even asking.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi Elixiress, Thanks for your thoughts. Blessings.
@Bluepatch (2480)
• Trinidad And Tobago
My grandmother used to say that and nobody had more questions than me. I used to drive my father crazy with questions. Dear man, he answered them all. Its a precious time for all of us when we are children. I believe grown-ups used to say those things to express their frustrations or tiredness. My grandma used to answer my questions too.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi Bluepatch, Thanks for commenting. Blessings.
one of the most basic but difficult things when trying to grow is simply to keep yourself on the right track. One thing that's been useful for me is to continually ask myself helpful questions in various situations. By so doing you will get very much helpful answers. You tend to get what you ask for.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi gayathrigs, Thank you for commenting, some very good thoughts here. Blessings.
• Nepal
Ya we have to question alot and answer the lots of question. We never hesitate to answer the question. This make us experienced and helps to aquire the knowledge. We can achive the high level while answering the question and people may think you as a good character.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi kisanchhantyal, Thank you for commenting, you have the right idea. Blessings.
I'm 27 years old, and I still can drive my mom nuts asking questions. Just the other day she kind of got exasperated and I apologized for asking so many questions. She said she didn't mind the questions, the problem was that she didn't know the answers. I'm constantly thinking about things, and then trying to look them up later to find the answers. Maybe it is because I've been sick so long, and I have so much time to think. But it is like I just have to know the answer when something pops into my head. I'm sure it can get very annoying to people around me.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi AmbiePam, Thank you for commenting. Keep seeking for the answers, but than question as to whether they are the right ones. Blessings.
Well, I wonder if the kids of the past were really "only seen and never heard"!! LOL!! I am sure they had more life in them that the b**** of today, who always complain of being bored. You do have a point about asking questions though. Yup, questioning is very important. In fact, it is the door to true knowledge. Unfortunately, our religions and education systems do not encourage questions from not only kids, but also adults. I think, right now, it is only the parents who are struggling to come up with answers to their kids' questions. Cheers and happy mylotting
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi positiveminded, Some very good thoughts here, thanks. I've sure the kids of the past had lots of life in them, but that was the way people thoght at the time. Blessings.
@razor123 (979)
Very well said and i totally agree with you. Bringing up questions, discussing it with other people keep our mind active all the time. And that's whats best to keep our head going. Else we tend to become really bored of life. Exploration is another very good thing to do as we get to learn more and more things in life. While exploring we might go wrong many times. But there is where we start of from and get to the end of the solution.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi razor, Thank you for commenting. I see that you have gotten the meaning behind the discussion. We agree on many things. Blessings.
@lazeebee (5466)
Well said, Pose. But how many of us would ask questions, especially in a crowd of people? Even in a training workshop, when the trainer or facilitator ask if there are any questions or clarification required, very few people would respond. However, they would ask their questions at the end of session, on a one-to-one with the trainer. I suppose, as adults, we do not want to be ridiculed or seen as 'ignorant', 'stupid' or 'slow'. It's so different with kids - they are openly curious, and they would question anything (even if it's embarassing to adults, they don't feel so). Well, like you said, you don't ask, you won't know - or unless you dig out the information on your own, like books, internet..so forth!
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi lazeebee, Thank you for commenting. Blessings.
@Mirita (2668)
By asking questions we learn a great deal about others and ourselves. Curiosity is a good thing if is used in a productive and informative manner. There is always someone who knows more than us about a particular subject ,and asking questions is part of learning.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi Mirita, Thanks for your thoughts, we agree. Blessings.
@metalhalo (601)
I couldn't agree more with you. It reminds me of a quote I've heard many times..."The only stupid question is the one that isn't asked" I'm 28 and I still ask questions everyday. No one is capable of knowing absolutely everything. It's funny how there are so many questions out there that can easily answered...but what of those that have no answers? I'm sure there's people out there that would throw a scientific answer at anything...I think science is great but I don't think it holds the key to every question burning in our curious minds or whirling about in this world. There are so many unanswered questions it's amazing. I do think you're absolutely correct when you say it's a part of the joy of living. Searching for ourselves, opening our minds and hearts.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi metalhalo, Excellent comments, thank you for responding. Blessings.
• Lubbock, Texas
Very well said. I'm on several e mail lists that concern everything from natural health to soap making to beading. Every once in a while someone will post a question with the opening sentence being "I have a stupid question". Every body jumps in with "the only stupid question is the one un asked!" or "There is no such thing as a stupid question". It is so true! And how delightful to listen to a three year old ask questions. If you listen, truely listen, it will open your eyes and let you see the world through the eyes of a child. Very rewarding!
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi thebeaddoodler, Thank you for your excellent response. Blessings.
@ml4box (336)
Chilren today would be heard more than ever.
@Pose123 (21666)
Hi ml4box, Thank you for commenting. Blessings.
@gemini_rose (16193)
My Mum still says this now, in fact I have heard quite a few people that still use it. My Mum would say it to me when I was earwigging on any adult conversations that were going on around me and I would try to join in. I would get quite upset about being told this, simply because I was an only child and there were no other kids in my immediate family. So when there was a family get together it would be my family of adults and me, I was allowed to be in the same room as them yet not allowed to have a voice. Instead I would get "children should be seen and not heard"!!