Have you ever accused somebody of something without having the whole story?

@mommyboo (13198)
Did you turn out to be right because your intuition never fails or did you have to apologize later for letting your imagination run away with you? Do you think it's okay to be pre-emptive with accusations, like you're protecting yourself from harm, or is this a lousy way to treat people that leads to breakdowns of your relationships? If you did do this - and you were right - did it actually do you any good? I've done this in the past with mixed results. I don't think that it's a good way to approach people unless you have a literal truckload of evidence against them and others who will back what you say. If it's all just speculation, I usually keep it to myself. You?
@LadyMarissa (12161)
Many years ago, I was accused of falsely accusing someone else. She screamed bloody murder that I was accusing her falsely. I apologized to her in front of friends assuming that I had just been mistaken. Well, when ALL was said & done, she had been lying to everyone & I was correct with the information I had been given. The friend that had vouched for her was NOT even there at the time & lied simply because she liked her. Of course, I NEVER got MY apology from the little liar nor her backup that knew the truth. Since then, I try & keep my mouth shut unless it is REALLY IMPORTANT to my well being. I have seen times I dayum near bit my tongue off keeping my mouth shut. I feel that if I feel strongly about something, it is my place to open my mouth. Then again I don't usually feel strongly about something without ALL the facts!!!
@mommyboo (13198)
It's so situational what the 'right' decision is. I try not to be too hotheaded, but fortunately when I am, I usually do have a right to be LOL.
@LadyMarissa (12161)
I don't always like what the hotheads have to say, however, I feel they have the right to say it!!!
@slavezero (835)
If ever I have my suspicion in my head, i keep it to myself until I have a good evidence. i believe that once i say something against anyone or anybody, the effect would be permanent. So I am very careful in saying anything that would hurt other people... not unless I am sure 100% of my accusation. I know that it is painful to be accused of something that I did not do. I know how bad it feels. I know that it could cause a broken relationship.... I dont want othe4rs to do it to me... so i am very careful not to do it to other people...esp for the people I really value in my life.
@mommyboo (13198)
That is true, you can't take back words that are said, so it's a good idea to be sure about what you say.
@Opal26 (17690)
How's one of my favorite mylot buddies mommyboo? Another brilliant question for discussion. Why can't I come up with them like you? I have accused without having the whole story and I have usually been correct! My intuition is on the money! I am pretty good at reading people and very good at reading "bad people"! When I accuse the person is guilty as charged! No need for an attorney! I can be judge & jury and I will convict and sentence! Case dismissed! Pay the fine-Do the time! (Can you tell that I was a legal assistant???)I also watch alot of Judge shows because I love law!!! I believe in an eye for an eye. I think I said that in another of your discussions.
@arkaf61 (10882)
I am usually quite careful not to do so, but once I actually did. I was also quite firm about it... no buts, ifs or any excuses. In the end I was the one who had created the situation by mistake and the person in question was completely innocent. I had to apologize once I found out, of course, but it took a bit until I stop accusing and noticed that the mistake had been mine.
@gemini_rose (16194)
Yes and no, I have accused and it has been denied and denied to the point that I thought "sh!t maybe I am wrong on this" unfortunately I was not. I had this happen a few times both with friends and with family. I have an annoying habit of not being wrong very often, and I am not being big headed, it is just that intuition wise, I have this thing of picking up on things really well. I do keep things to myself though until I have proof positive, like a dog that smells a bone I do not lose the scent til I find it!!
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi mommyboo, I haven't tried this...When I will start to have doubt about friends, I have always a valid basis and in the end, I will always turn out to be right! ANyway, I agree with you, it will not be good to have no basis about believing something else, it will always destruct any relationship or friendship![/i]
@34momma (13895)
i think we have all done this before. i think we have all gone with our first mind and have been proven right. then there are those times we have not thought things out and have been proven.