Do you love your dad?

If you will ask me.. No. I don't. He never did any good to my mom. He always hurts her, insults her, and stuff. He doesn't treat her right. When it comes to us kids, although he changed towards us now, he used to curse us or swear at us so loudly for some little mistake. Maltreatment, I think so. So there. How about you? What would you like to share? I'm venting out through starting a new discussion. I'm like, 19 years old already and dad still treats mom like she's trash. I hate him for that and all. Come and share something.
@Cannonball (3635)
• France
I'm really sorry to hear about it. I am 28 years old and my dad left when I was 12 and since and even when he was still there we have a big problem to communicate. I'm open and try to share my hobbies,passion and all and he just focus on his things,well hihi I find sometimes my father is just like a kid,but I love him coz he gave me love when I was a little kid. I'm a bit sad we have hard time to communicate properly but I try to make it better still
Oh okay.. He must be a good man for you to love him, of course. :) I wish you didn't have to be separated from him. Lucky you experienced that kind of love. Thanks for replying. :)
• France
Thanx to you too, This reminds me of this Nietzsche quote who says something like dat: "When one has not had a good father, one must create one." I feel that way too after my father left, I still have this feeling that some way and for some reasons he didn't finish the job
@sarazeng (221)
Hi phyrethyme! I feel sorry for your dad's horrible behavior! Why he treat his family in such a terrible way? He is frustrated on his career? If he treats all the people around him in this way, he seems too cynical. After all, man's nature at birth is good... PS: I love my parents coz they always treat me very good. I am the apple of their eye... However, I work in another city and only fly back home twice a year. Miss them so much!!:(
You're lucky. :) You are pretty blessed! He treats everyone that way. He's normally mean to everyone. He even tortures his own mother, who is my grandmother. Imagine that!
I think you are getting a bad treatment from your dad and it is very sad to hear such things.I like my dad and mom than anything else in this world.They cares me a lot.I dont do anything bad to hurt them.
You are lucky you have a good dad. Mine is just good when it comes to financial support. I admire your family. :) Thank you for replying!