Is this too much?

Kissing, hugging, cuddling my two little boys, all the time. There must be something about their smell, or about how they look that makes me want to "inhale" them and even wish to just put them inside me like a kangaroo, but just closer to my chest so i can smell them all the time. They are two and one year old boys, and i love them to pieces. I know mothers of small kids feel the same, but i am just wondering if this is just chemistry or pure motherly love? Even at their stinkiest, i still love to smell and kiss them, neck, armpits, tummy, toes and all!
@razcal2267 (15577)
It isn't pure motherly love. I do not have any of my own but I do have three nephews that when they were small I could relate to the "wanting to inhale" them. The youngest is now four and there are times where even at a stinky moment I can not help but tell him I want to eat him up. He likes to remind me that people don't eat people and that if I do eat him he will not be around anymore for me to love.
Yes, there is probably just something about kids that makes us want to "eat" them. When i was single, i used to do the same to my two nephews.
@razcal2267 (15577)
Sorry I know that sounded so wrong. When I hear someone say something about the smell of babies or kids I think Yum as in so yummy even when they are so stinky.
@lilybug (21182)
I think it is normal. I hug and kiss my kids all the time. I blow on their bellies and kiss their stinky toes. You are just a mother who loves her kids.
I do love them to pieces. I blow their bellies too. Now, they also know how to blow my belly, my face, my neck...with all those wet kisses. It's nice that they have learned to be affectionate.
@Ravenladyj (22992)
Oh I would have to say that its definately pure motherly love...I've ALWAYS been very affectionate with both my kids, even now that they are teens I still hug them, snuggle them and kiss them..We're VERY close the three of us, always have been and always will be....and the love a mother has for her kids when its like that IMO just can't be beat
@Anne18 (11036)
I always cuddle my children a lot. I don't think you can give a child too many hugs and kisses. So keep kissing nad cuddling your boys, they will grew up so fast and one day may not want to be kissed and cuddled so make the most of it.