Sarah Palins pregnant teenage daughter

@ersmommy1 (12600)
Sarah Palin is a conservative republican. I find this interesting.Her daughter is 17. Anyone think this will factor in to the election?
@goldeneagle (6775)
well I will do something here that I probably won't do very often...but I am going to agree with Barrack Obama on this one. This is none of anyone's business, and it certainly doesn't affect her ability to be VP. One of the few things I agree with Obama on so far is that a candidate's family is off limits. Talk trash all you want about the candidate, but leave the other family members out of it. Her daughter is old enough to make her own decisions. She made a mistake, and I applaud Sarah Palin for supporting her. The fact that her daughter is pregnant says nothing bad about Sarah Palin's character or family values. The fact that she is supporting her daughter, however, does say something about her... I know there are people out there who are going to try to make this into a big deal in order to make Sarah Palin look bad. Unfortunately, there are some voters that will listen to them. Leave a candidate's family out of it and concentrate on the candidates themselves.
@mtdewgurl74 (18118)
We can tell and teach our children many things, but them listening to it is another story. We can't really judge her by what choices her daughter made. I am sure Sarah Palin gave her daughter the same talk all mothers and fathers give to their young teens. But that is all we can so is talk unless it is to lock them in the house and only be chaperoned. I would like to know what is her thoughts on it though.
I don't think Palin's pregnant daughter figures into things. Well, not for me personally. Politically, of course, it will. I wouldn't expect a male candidate to be grilled over their children's behavior. Well, I guess Mr. Bush did get some flack for his daughter's actions and thus sent them to continue their education overseas.
@lilybug (21148)
I am sure that plenty of people will factor it into the election. Do I think that they should? NO! I agree with Obama. Keep the family out of it.
I think people will beat the heck out of it. But I don't think it should be! I don't get why people feel the need to tear into someones family over something that should not be about that. This should be about the issues, as that is why we elect them. I don't even see why her daughter being 17 and pregnant would be a big deal, but most people think that is.