Public Lodging and Facilities (Are You Cautious?)

@Chevee (5915)
Have you seen something on television that made a big impact on things you just took for granted or your way of thinking or the way you feel about things. I just saw a post about things I like about hotel or motel beds. Well I was looking at a television talk show, I forgot the shows title but it was discussion things about hotel and motel cleanliness. It said some hotel or motel beds have bed bugs, they showed a picture of the bugs, they said that the way you could tell was to turn the covers back to expose the mattress and if you see little brown spots or specks it is mostly like blood spots from where the bugs has bitten the quests. Then it showed a cleaning lady cleaning the toilet with rubber gloves, coming back to the sink and washing the glass with the gloves still on her hands where she had wash the toilet. My question is have you seen anything on television that really started you to being more cautious with public lodging and facilities?
@webeishere (36353)
For years my mother was a hotel janitor etc. They washed their glasses in a dishwasher like a restaraunt. They also washed all the bedding daily. Even the bedspreads. And this was many years ago. I know the Casino I stay at also changes their bedspreads daily as well. I've seen nasty sstories on the news about what's found on the beds as well. All I can say is, Ewwwww! I have always been sort of careful. Still will be in the future as well. I wash the toilet seat before sitting on it even. HAHAHA! HAPPY POSTINGS FROM GRANDPA BOB !!~
@sudalunts (5526)
I didn't need to see anything on TV, I have always brought my own linen with me when I go to stay at a hotel. I can not get comfortable enough in order to sleep on those sheets. I do not use the blankets to cover me either. I bring my own towel and wash cloth, and I never sit on the seats. Some places have toilet seat covers, but I am very cogniscent about the unsantitary conditions of hotel rooms. I know bugs crawl, but I feel a little more comfortable with the extra padding from my sheets.
@twoey68 (13651)
I've seen several "behind the scenes" shows like that. It really is gross. I remember seeing some things like using the same cleaning cloth in the toilet and then on glasses, rinsing glasses out that have lipstick and such on them and then putting them right back without sanitizing them, putting dirty towels back on the shelves and stuff like that. There's no telling what you could catch. I know if you stay in those places you take the chance of catching something so ppl should do it at their own discretion. I have known ppl that take their own sheet sets, towels, washcloths, glasses and stuff so that they know their clean....it kind of seems pointless to pay so much for a room though if your not going to use it all. **AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~
Hi Chevee, People are so dirty and that is why I never go away and stay in any hotels or motels and have you seen what they do in the kitchens of restuarant? you will never want to eat out again, its digusting what they do. Tamara
@salonga (27954)
Yes, television is really a helpful medium when it comes to public awareness. Indeed there are hotels and motels that are not clean. And believe me it is not only applicable to cheap ones but even those who are charging high fees. You just have to feel the beddings when you lie down. If some small creatures are seemingly crawling on your skin but you can't see them then the bed sheets have long been unchanged. It happens to me once and I really called the hotel management to complain. There were also TV exposures about different subjects that helps people a lot to be more cautious like where t buy clean and not clean food, what restaurants are not safe, which food were not safe to eat and many others. I've seen one time how some dirty ice-cream makers are making their ice-cream literally dirty. Oh yakkk, it made me so cautious now.