Can anybody tell me why baseball and softball are canceled from next Olympics?

Guangzhou, China
I don't understand why baseball and software are not in the list of the Olympics from next Olympics. This is a little strange because they are also very popular sports in USA, Cuba, Japan and other countries. Although this sports isn't popular in my country, but I still think it's better to keep it. What a bad news!
Simple.Both sports are American based and most other countries are not on the same level. So each time they play the U.S. and or Canada the rest of the world loses. What makes sport, especially Olympic sport, great is the chance of a underdog winning.It is always a great thing when a team wins when it wasn't suppose to win.But with both softball and baseball there wasn't a chance of that happening and it is boring when the same team wins Every time.
But somewhat baseball and software are also very popular in Cuba and Japan. Ping Pong isn't a popular in some countries, too. And it seems Jamaica is good at running and some African countries are good at marathon. But it's not a reason to cancel them, right?
But Ping Pong can be learned and perfected by other countries faster than baseball and softball. and running was one of the events the ancient Greeks did in the first Olympics. It wouldn't matter if Jamaica won every running medal they would never cancel track and field.But baseball and softball are so new as Olympic sports and they aren't catching on as a fast outside North America.
Thanks for best response.
@faith210 (11233)
Hi youless! I never knew that it won't be in the list for the next Olympics. I really don't know why this is so. It is indeed popular in so many countries and I like to catch a game or two in the television. It is also not that popular in my country too. I guess, the Olympics committee have a good reason for not enlisting it in the next Olympic season. Take care always..God Bless!
I started to watch it from the Olympics in Sydney. If this sports is canceled, then it won't appeal more audiences and it will be less popular.
@faith210 (11233)
Yes, somehow the Olympics really make the sports popular to the people and if they will cancel it, less people will support and participate in those games. lovelots...faith210
@cripfemme (7715)
It's because a wide variety of countries don't play them. Several countries dominate the sports for years and decades. The Olympics like more Universal sports like track and field.
Perhaps this is the reason.
@cottonm (753)
i heard that it is becoz too 'less' countries participate in these sport, therfore they r out...i felt bad oso, coz i kinda like baseball...
That's a bad news.
Wow.. is it so? Really i did not know until i read this one from you. Probably my country wont be much interested in the news because, the games you have stated is not so very popular in my country.. May be the Olympic committee has the own justifying reasons, for canceling them.
I know cricket is a very popular sports in your country, but it's the opposite here. I think it's still better to keep it because it may not be popular for some countries, but it's still popular in some other countries.
@4mymak (1796)
not sure why... but i think it also has something to do with the 'hosting country' - whether they have the facilities to play that sport... dont think the british play baseball / softball... they love cricket...
In China most people don't know how to play baseball, softball and cricket.
@kerriannc (4280)
• Jamaica
It is banned because it is not a popular sport in Europe and England does not have the facilities to host it. Don't be surprised if you hear about some other sporting activity being not allow in the next Olympics.
But some sports are also not popular all over the world. It is just a little unfair to cancel baseball and softball.
@jshm22 (1)
Apart from Cuba, USA, Canada, Japan and a little in Australia it is hardly a worldwide sport with world wide appeal. In fact I think cricket has a better chance of making to the Olympics as it is reducing to the Twenty Twenty phase so that it is much faster to play and more exciting to watch, (not that I like cricket anyway) Base\softball doesn't appeal to the worldwide Olympics viewer.
In fact some sports are not popular all over the world. Why only for baseball and softball? At least it's very discouraging for these athletes.