Do you give a second chance to a person, if they want to rectify their mistake ?

What type of a person are you, would you give a second chance to a person who has cheated you?? Cheated you in terms of Money, faith, in a relation etc.it can be anything that you are cheated of. Is it easy fro you to forgive that person and do you give them a chance to rectify their mistakes. personally for me it is very difficult to do so, i dont forget what people have done to me i remember it for life! But if i do genuinely know that the person is sorry for for what done , it is only then that i give them a chance to change things or else they dont remain in my friend or family list for the entire time that i am alive.
@dragon54u (31352)
I used to give people second chances when I was younger but if they'll cheat you once, they'll cheat you again. If they don't receive consequences for their actions they'll know they get off cheaply and they'll repeat the offense. You don't need friends like that! In marriage, I was more forgiving but the same thing applied, much to my sorrow. There are many things in marriage you should forgive--your mate being late, forgetting your anniversary if he or she is busy, little things like that. But if they cheat on your with another person, be aware that they will do it again and again. They may be truly sorry but it's a character flaw and nothing that you can do anything about except run as fast as you can away from them and don't go back. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule but they are rare. People who mistreat you don't deserve your friendship, love or loyalty. Cut them from your life. Forgive, because forgiveness heals the heart. But get them out of your life.
Like you said in some discussion of mine that we are alike, now i have started to believe in it. I too dont trust anyone after getting cheated by them once. people start to take your forgiveness for granted and the sorry then has no meaning to itself.
Well it would be pretty hard to forgive the one who's cheated on you. But to err is human. Everyone makes mistakes. The extent of which might vary. If they're ready to rectify their mistakes there should be no hesitation in providing them an opportunity. They'll be greatly thankfull to you for providing them an opportunity to correct themselves. I feel the relation between the two strengthens after this.
I feel that a person who has cheated you definately has chances of doing it for the second time. Especially in todays world it is very difficult to trust people when they say sorry cause they dont mea a thing of sorry.