No Mention of Sarah Palin

@djbtol (5498)
I find it interesting that the top news headlines on Mylot this morning contain no mention of the Republican convention, or more sepcifically the great speech by Governor Sarah Palin last night. That was not the case for the democrat convention, was it? What do you think? Surprised? djbtol
@newtondak (3950)
Sarah Palin is so different than what anyone ever though McCain would choose as a running mate and I think that many people are stunned and don't know what to think or say about it. It is still very early to try to assess the situation and we have basically just been introduced to her as a person and not yet to many of her policies are the issues she intends to address.
@djbtol (5498)
I don't think Gov. Sarah Palin is to hard to figure out. Her speech was excellent and taught much about her. In addition, her life is pretty much an open book, unlike Obama - man of many secrets. djbtol
I totally agree....Other than the mentioning of her family, I don't believe people will be able to pick apart her speech using any other part of it. She seems to be a very strong woman....especially being a mother of 5 and having the willingness to hold the 2nd highest position in the country! I'm only a mother of 3 and can't juggle well enough to even join the PTO at my kids' school! lol Kudos to her, I say! I'm sure we will be hearing more about her (especially negative remarks) once people have a chance to start bringing up junk from the past and things that have absolutely nothing to do with how she can help lead this country. Who doesn't have a past that is less than perfect? I wouldn't want to be in her shoes, but I'm proud of her in that she holds her head high no matter what. Wonder Woman is the title that comes to me when I think of Gov Palin!
@newtondak (3950)
I agree and I am very excited about having her as the Republican Vice-Presidential candidate. I think she and John McCain are very capable of bringing some very much needed change to our country.
@nickventere (1424)
• Zambia
I think she is not that newsworthy, apart from being the first female VP running mate. What do you think. The other news now (about her 17-year old daughter) is stale. It was a headline, wasn't it? lol
@4magoo (396)
By the way... Palin isn't the first VP woman running mate... That was the Democrat Farraro 24 years ago.
@ram_cv (16516)
I just saw her speech. It was on a wide ranging subjects without any details on any. But, I dare say that her speech kicked up some verve on McCain's campaign, otherwise it seemed that Obama had stolen a march on the Republicans. I guess Democrats have got more publicity outside of US in this elections and that is probably contributing to less number of topics on Republican Convention. Cheers! Ram