I e- mailed after the alert

Marion, Kansas
I received an e mail in response, and have said that I would be willing to try the assignments. It is just basically freelance work, but I do not know what the topics will be. How about you, did you respond, and will you try writing for this person?
@Polly1 (12650)
I emailed the guy too and received a response. I haven't got back to him yet but I am going to. I am willing to give it a try. It sounds interesting.
• Marion, Kansas
That is what I thought. It might cost a little time, but it may be very worthwhile. I am anxious to see what the topics are.
• Marion, Kansas
Anything happen for you? I got one response, then no details. Today, I had the alert, with a different name.
@Polly1 (12650)
Thanks for BR. I haven't had a chance to email the guy back. I heard from him the same as you did. I haven't had a chance yet to check on the new alert. I have had a busy day today, actually the last couple of weeks I have been really busy.
@dark4eyes (161)
I got caught up into one of those "freelance" writing scams "send us your poem and we might publish it" then you get back a letter telling you your poem has been selected to be published, but would you give them $50 to get a copy of the poetry collection - if you don't then they don't publish your poem. I've always been pretty suspicious since then. Be careful, okay?
Keep us updated.
• Marion, Kansas
The person, Stanley, never got back to me a second time. Today I have an alert, listing the name to reply to as Beverly. LOL
Gerty I do not have a clue what or who you are referring to!
• Marion, Kansas
The person above you had the first discussion where I heard about it. Some people have gotten an alert from myLot, stating that one of their partners wants some informative articles, and gave a contact name and e mail. I contacted last night, received an e mail this morning with more details. I have responded that I am willing to give it a try. I will not put any money up. I have done freelance work before, just barely, but it sounds like it might be a good experience.
Oh I get it now. Sorry but I respond from my email so I did not know what you meant.
@writersedge (22579)
Glad you started this topic. I read it and decided I would look into it later. But now I can't find it. I was in a hurry to respond to the people who responded to my posts and get off so I could do something else. I have a lot of work to do at our house if we're going to make the catch-all room into the bedroom and the bedroom into the catch-all room. I was hoping some one would write and tell me how the writing for them is going and if it's worth it as well as how to get in contact with them again. Thanks and take car
@writersedge (22579)
Ok, I'll check #5, thanks.
@dana234 (2126)
• Spain
I received the alert for writing informational articles. It came as a bit of a surprise to me because my native language is not English. I guessed that all members received the alert. I've been meaning to respond concerning this offer, but haven't had the time up to now. Another thing that worries me is that this might be another scam. Even though the offer is from one of the mylot partners you never know. Mylot is not responsible for the content and conditions of this job offer. Maybe it's a scam or it's an interesting opportunity. Until I respond I won't know, I will give it a try and see what comes of it. Thanks for this useful info, Garden Gerty.
@savypat (20248)
I don't know what you are asking about? Maybe I did know but I forgot can you refresh my memory please. Pat
• Marion, Kansas
Pat, there was an alert recently from MyLot that said one of the partners would like some writers to write informational articles for a fee. It is a freelancing type job. I did not get the alert, but had responded to three discussions about it. I took the e mail from one and responded to it, and the person of interest did respond with more details to me.
@tyc415 (5706)
I did not respond to the alert. I am not a good writer, I even have problems with starting a discussion on here and even have problems trying to reply to the ones I get. I am not a good one for writing. For all of ya'll who do give it a try I hope it works out for you and that you have a lot of fun doing it. Have a great day.
• Marion, Kansas
I think I am a pretty good writer, so for me it is an exciting opportunity. It will not make me rich, but it will be a nice addition to my income.
@Thoroughrob (11771)
I really would have liked a little more info. I did respond but have not since they replied.
@successlog (3172)
hello friend, i also received this letter which is marked as a alert posted by mylot.and many people should receive this letter. And i never respond it due to i don't know whether or not it is real or not.and i think i don't want to write the long article for a written program.Because i think i don't have that kind of experience. and maybe i feel it is too bothering to do this. good luck
• Marion, Kansas
I have heard nothing more at this time after the initial response from Stanley.
@saundyl (9698)
I've received this alert a couple times and decided that i didnt feel like writing the articles. I'd rather write for AC or helium and decide what i'd like to write. Thus, i did not respond to the alert.
@raclie (1734)
i have the alert yesterday, i was really happy and mailed the person. she replied and she gave me the assignment. it is 0.25 per paragraph. and over 20 paragraphs, and you have to do alot of research and the 2 day dateline causes alot of stress, and it does not help that the topics are not the ones that i am interested in. so, yeah,thats my experience... hope it was helpful. how is your assignment? have you gotten paid yet?
@suspenseful (40326)
I was away all morning and did not know there was any alert. I am a fiction writer, not a non=fiction one. That is why I do not like doing assignments, unless it is something like writing a book on a TV character and since no one has said that they want a series of books on The Pretender --
@Bobbysox (224)
Are you thinking of taking on some freelancing Gerty?I have seen many sites that proffess to offer work ,but I have always pooh poohed them as being yet another scam.There are so many sites that seem to offer some type of work,be it Data entry,forum moderators etc,the list is never ending.I took a look a one site called Getafreelancer.com but it was a little confusing really,it asked for no up front payment,and you started off with so many free bids issued on joining,then if you saw some work that you thought you may be able to do,you put in a bid for it,if you were outbid,they emailed you and you were asked to submit another bid should you wish to.There is another site that I have heard of called Craigslist,what this is and what this entails I know not,all I know is the name of the site.But when you constantly see the scams that are being bandied about the internet then it does put you off a little bit,on Mylot alone there have been many discussions about the data entry scams,the ones that ask for an upfron payment before they will supposedly send you your work,so im thinking that they receive the upfront payment and then the work never arrives.I agree it would be good to earn a little more online,but im not sure how to go about any of it at all,or maybe it is all a scam,but the only redeeeming feature is that we know that Mylot kindly puts a little in our Paypal accounts each month.
I am confused. I don't know what you mean. Have I missed a previous post? What is this all about. If it is a freelance writing opportunity, I sure want to know more about it. Cheers and happy mylotting