Obama May Bring Criminal Charges Against Bush!

Is this possible? If foreign diplomats are protected against criminal charges would out president not also have some kind of protection? Democratic vice presidential nominee Joe Biden said he and presidential hopeful Barack Obama could bring criminal charges against the Bush administration if they are elected in November. “If there has been a basis upon which you can pursue someone for a criminal violation, they will be pursued,” Biden said during a campaign stop in Florida on Monday, ABC News reported. “Not out of vengeance, not out of retribution. Out of the need to preserve the notion that no one, no attorney general, no president — no one is above the law.” Biden promised that an Obama-Biden government would go through Bush administration data with "a fine-toothed comb" and pursue criminal charges if necessary. http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/bush_criminal_charges/2008/09/04/127696.html?s=al&promo_code=6958-1
@winterose (39932)
a foreign diplomat is not an american, bush is so he is subject to american law like anyone else.
Thank you. I never knew a foreign diplomat was not an American!!!
@winterose (39932)
they are diplomats and government people from other countries who are invited into the USA to work or their special skills are needed by the country etc. The ambassadors of the different embassies are foreign diplomats they represent and are citizens of the country the embassy is from, the with the American embassy in other countries these American ambassadors are foreign diplomats in those countries as well.
He is awful full of himself! If obama gets into office I'm going to file criminal charges against him if he doesnt hold up to every single promise he made to America. He is so stupid!
HA HA
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Oh that's just ridiculous. If crimes are being committed, why aren't they exposed now? Why bring this up now, saying you'll do it if you get into office?
I agree if Obama is confident enough to make such a statement/threat then why wait for what may never happen (win the presidency). I would think an immediate investigation be warranted.
@jonesy123 (3950)
Although I agree that any criminal activity should be pursued, this sounds more like a witch hunt announcement and publicity stunt. Once a president is out of office, he/she can be criminally charged again. If still sitting in office, there is a big process to it, but the president could be released from duties and charged at that point. They tried that with Clinton. Sounds like revenge to me. Wow, if they have nothing better than this to attack the McCain/Palin ticket, then they should just throw in the towel now. Stupid talk like this doesn't help.
I am inclined to agree with you.
@stephcjh (32385)
That would be good. He has got by with alot of things and this country has went downhill every since he stepped his foot into the office. I am surprised that he is still walking around on this planet. Alot of people are so fed up with him. what is good for the goose is also good for the gander.
I don't think Mr. Bush should be protected because his last name is Bush. No one is above the law. You break the law, you have bought it. With hard time. That goes for each one of us. The fact that this war has been fought on false pretenses irks me. And I think that the loss of so many lives warrants a full investigation of who knew what when, and who tried to cover what up!
@cynddvs (2950)
If the Bush administration have been committing criminal activities while in office then heck yeah charges need to be brought against them. Why in the world should they be protected? No president should be above the law and Bush needs to know this. Of course if they have done anything wrong I'm sure they have been busy covering their tracks. Remember the mysterious missing emails not too long ago? I don't doubt for one minute that there has been some shady activity going on and I hope we are able to find out exactly what has gone and be bring him to justice.
criminal charges for what? What did he do?
@xParanoiax (7005)
Drat! I didn't see your discussion before I posted mine -- different news site, but man. Lol. I'm pretty much going, "Oh Goddess please let it be so..."
I checked out your discussion and the article was very good however one paragraph really bother me and it is: When asked about his comments by Fox news today, Biden said he has no evidence that criminal charges would be warranted and no intention of pursuing action against the current president. So if he has no evidence that charges would be warranted them why, once again, spend huge amounts of tax payers dollars chasing a dream, sounds like wishful thinking to me. Or just something to distract people from McCain's show.
Its possible, it has happened before. But it is not what I want to hear. Just what we need more time and money spent trying to find a needle in a haystack. When will they have time to govern the country? And I really hate to throw water on the fire, but they have to show some sort of probable cause first. The problem is no government is entirely run on the up and up.....it is impossible because there is so much back washing going on that some things just get overlooked and happen. The President is only one man and he has literally hundreds of people under him, it is impossible to actively watch them all. I find it rather stupid that they make this sort of statement, but if they insist maybe they could go over Clinton's paperwork too while they are at it fair is fair after all.
I really think it is just another media distraction to diffuse the Republican's time in the spotlight.