i wouldnt know farm fresh if it bit me in the a...

ok im a city girl.. i am not into the whole grow your own food and farmers market type thing.. so when i see all these people talking about how it taste so much better and then my bro does grow some things and they cook them im already eating and i dont taste any difference.. maybe all the pollution and chemicals have like corroded my taste buds but if i were to even eat the veggies or whatever raw back to back i cannot tell the difference.. am i alone on this?!?! can anyone else tell the difference?? can you describe the difference in case im stupid and am thinking its suppose to be different or something??
@relundad (2312)
The only thing that I can tell the difference in is tomatoes. Most of the ones from the market look like tomatoes, feel like tomaotes, but have no taste almost. The ones grown at home tend to have a tast.
hmm i dont eat tomatoes like i used to since i got married but i can remember that they tasted better years ago than now.. but they were from a store then too though.. but i guess quality would still be better than what we have now
@coolseeds (3925)
I think the vegetables that I grow taste better than the ones from the store. An example would be tomatoes. Tomatoes from the store taste nothing like home grown. Actually the ones from the store do not have much of any flavor. I can't speak for others, but I don't use chemical fertilizers like Miracle Grow. Maybe I can tell the difference because I grow mine organically.
i bet thats it.. because i know with my bro at least he does use some chemicals such as miracle grow etc just not as much as regular farmers etc
Although i prefer farm fresh veggies i cant really tell a difference in taste.
i mean i can envision the difference as far as what it does to my body but i cant taste a difference if i tried.. usually the only way i can tell is that what my brother grows is smaller than grocery stores
@shana123 (2096)
I haven't found the difference in taste so far as like you im also a city girl i have lived very less time in a village .The main difference it could be because the plants which are grown in villagers home ( not in farm ) taste good because they dont use any sort of medications to the plants and no pesticides nothing all full of manure like decayed plants and tea coctions etc .so the veggies which are grown there taste good when compared to that of grown in anywhere other than that
my brother grows some food but i never can tell and then they tell me later and asked how it tasted and im like uhhhh good... lol
@sedel1027 (17868)
LOL You sound like my Mom I can tell the difference between home grown, organic and conventionally grown. To me, things homegrown and organic taste a lot cleaner.
hmm i can imagine it but i just dont taste it.. but im weird too so maybe im not paying attention
When you buy the cheap stuff they sell from the grocery store it is in fact covered in chemicals and it has a slightly bitter taste. It not only has more nutrients in the homegrown version but they are less likely to make you sick. I think you really have to be a foody or grow your own to taste the difference. Most people just eat to eat. But to taste the difference you have to eat for flavor. You also probably eat a lot of fast food huh?
i eat a lot of fast food now but when i was growing up i didnt and i still couldnt taste any difference
You can tell from the way it grows. The veggies that grows normally have a pure sweet taste and you'll notice its color apart from the ones that feed with chemicals. Potatoes and root crops can best tell the differences in taste. I have notice this when I taste the one's my grandpa brought from his farm and the ones sold in the canteen at the office.
i dont think i have had any potatoes that werent from a store
@mentalward (14716)
The only difference I've been able to see between 'farm fresh!' and 'grown halfway across the world, harvested, packaged and then shipped directly to you!' is the price. It's funny, but 'farm fresh' usually costs more! Well, unless it's a farmer's market with locally grown stuff. Then the prices are usually a bit lower. I also don't understand why 'Organic' foods always cost more, either. You would think that the chemical-based fertilizers would cost more than natural ones! I mean, natural fertilizers are, well, they're right there, right behind some animals! We don't 'produce' them, animals do! All ya gotta do is scoop it up and throw it around the fruits and veggies! It's just a marketing strategy. Some people swear that 'farm fresh' is better, but that's not always the case. It might be, occasionally, but not always. I had a cousin who insisted that I try his "REAL country bacon". WTF???? Just how many pigs are raised in the big cities??? No, I didn't taste any difference between his country bacon and my cityfied bacon. Bacon is bacon. Maybe the pig grunted with an accent before he was on the plate? Nah, you're not stupid. If it's fresh, it's fresh, if it's not, it's not. It all comes from a farm, does it not?
hahahahha you have me lmao but your totally right.. and yeah why the hell is organic more?!?! i never thought about it..
@winterose (39931)
fresh does taste better I know because I eat a lot from food banks and the stuff is almost uneatable at times when I get it.
one thing awful about food banks..
@lilybug (21182)
I have been told that homegrown tomatoes taste better than store bought, but I do not eat them raw. I cook mine and make them into sauce, so I guess by the time I am done messing with them I cannot tell a difference. Now, corn on the other hand I can tell a difference. I had some home grown corn the other day and it was the best tasting most tender corn I have ever had.
yeah i think your right.. after you are done making your sauce you wouldnt be able to taste a difference
@heaven11 (1161)
to me i can ecspecially with tomatoes but i think most of them have diffrent textures and yes i live int the country and love home grown vegis
seems like tomatoes are the ones that people are noticing the most on here
@saundyl (9698)
I find fruits/veggies etc that i grow at home or my grandma or mom grow all taste more flavourful than the carrots lettuce and such that are in the stores. Wild blueberries taste WAY better than any boughten blueberry ive ever had. As for meat..i know the beef i get from my parents when they butcher always tastes so much better and its alot leaner than the stuff i can buy in the grocery store. The difference there is feed lots feed alot of grain and the calve..steers etc dont have as much room to range around in a pasture. PLUS theres no growth hormones and such in my parents cattle...they are all enhancement free. When i visit my boyfriend he buys everything from stores nothgins farm grown fresh..and I go home CRAVING farm food.
i wouldnt notice from meat since i dont eat much but i could definitely imagine blueberries being better.. i think i can tell fruit but just not veggies