Do you look over the screen of computer or the keyboard while typing?

Laptop - picture of a laptop
@smilyn (2964)
I know the position of all the alphabets in the keyboard. But still I'm not that confident to type by looking over the screen of the computer. I still look at the keyboard only while typing. I'm trying to type by looking over the screen alone. How about you? Do you look over the screen of the computer or the keyboard while typing?
@chinniR (661)
hey smilyn. i always look at my keyboard when i am typing. i type faster this way. i have tried to look at the screen while typing, but i am prone to mistakes and i will have to correct it all. i think i am very much comfortable with this. as i type i look at the screen and check if i am typing correctly
@smilyn (2964)
That is true. Looking at the keyboard is more comfortable.It would be better to check for mistakes later. I too make more mistakes if I'm looking at the screen alone.
@savypat (20246)
I look at the screen until I see something strange coming up then I look to see where my hands are.
@smilyn (2964)
ha..ha.It is good to check out your hands position very often, so that you can minimise the errors.
@hellcowboy (7383)
When I was younger I used to have to look at the keyboard when I was typing to find the keys I want,but now I can type and I will look at the screen,and I do not even glance at the keyboard because I am confident that I can find the right keys so I have managed to type faster,and the only time I look at the keyboard is if I keep making typos.
@smilyn (2964)
That is amazing. I wonder how people type by seeing the screen alone and yet typing correctly..I think it is a great talent. I'm trying to type in that way but have not succeeded in it..
@valanthe (50)
• Poland
I look at the keyboard while typing this way I can type really fast. And every few sentences I look over the screen and coretct my mistakes. I tried few times to learn typing without looking on keyboard but I was so much slower... Typing with just looking on computer's screen just dosen't work for me.
@smilyn (2964)
I also feel comfortable with the same way. Typing by just looking at the screen slows my typing and also I make more mistakes..So I feel it better to type by looking at the keyboard. Then I would be checking for the mistakes too..
I have to look at my screen while I am typing because then I can see all my typing errors. If I make too many then I have to look down at my keyboard to make sure that my hands are in the correct position. I am not very confident either but I am hoping that by typing lots of responses on myLot that I will get better and faster. This is the only practise that I get for my typing.
@smilyn (2964)
It happens to me too..But I would be having more errors when I look at the screen and type. I think mylot helps to learn to type faster and also typing by looking at the screen. And I would be rechecking all my posts for the mistakes.
@pkraj111 (2459)
I am currently loking at my keyboard while typing. I am not good at it.
@subha12 (18453)
I look at the keyboard mostly.. till date I am not very much comforable typing looking at the screen only.so i have to look at screen a swell a skeyboard
@smilyn (2964)
The same with me too. I would be looking on my keyboard and also checking out on the screen.