Was your computer infected by virus?

Which is the worst virus you have ever come across? what was the extent your computer was damaged to? I had a antivir virus which almost destroyed mu computer. I really had a hard time removing it... Share your experiences
@adem3311 (41)
When I used to have XP, I got a virus which got in my OS and kept popping up that i need antivirus. I had to reinstall the whole Operating system. I have had no problems with vista.
That's antivir thing directing to a particular site to purchase anti virus. Even I had experienced that. Felt formatting was the only option left. But I could remove it successfully after doing an online anti spyware scan
@cuttyrish (2662)
i do not remember the name of the virus that destroyed my computer that much already.. but one virus comes into mind, its not to destructive, but it gave me headache because it closes my internet explorer when i surf the net.. the virus is funny ust virus.. i got it from a netcafe.. transfered from the usb.. this virus is normally from ym messenger.. and i removed the virus by doing alot of stuff.. using avast antivirus, and by downloading a program that makes me see the hidden files in my pc,, so i can delete it.. what antivirus are you using?
Even I had trouble with UST Funny scandal virus. Had to remove it manually after doin a lot of research. Now I'm using Avast and not had any problems so far.
My computer was infected with virus many many times. I had to struggle a lot to remove it and format my computer again. The main problem is , if the virus is too much you cannot even get the data which you had saved on your system, you have to format the entire system which is very painful. Last time, my hard disk was corrupted and I couldn't even repair it just because of the virus infection, nearly 40GB of space and hard disk was lost, since then I am being very careful in using the system and also I see to it that my antivirus is always updated.
@winzpc (2356)
I use avg antivirus. My computer antivirus can detect if there is virus attacking my computer. So I can prevent on it. But sometime I found other virus that has been in my computer with the scanning regularly and avg doesn't detect it immediately when infected. Usually it is a trojan. So I just delete it / heal it. keep post Happy myLotting....
@norgzilla (142)
win32 cih.. this virus is tottaly pain, i must say good bye to my beloved computer, its turned into a junk.. since that time i always scan everything that i received before run it in my computer.
yes .. my computer has been infected by virus when i was installing a software ... and the virus was an trojan ... so i installed an antivirus and delete that virus ..