nurturing a relationship

relationship nowadays is so hard to find.. having one involves commitment. there are a lot of testings and a lot of trials to face and that will come.. my question is this:, how do you nurture your relationship?...
@geekyjock (371)
We think that the most important thing about a relationship is loyalty, honesty, and of course love. But actually there's more than just being technical about it because love isn't a technical thing. There are a lot of cases (I'm sure everyone knows this) that a relationship becomes idle, becomes boring, and it slowly dries out. And sometimes it's not about faith problems or lack of love but there is something most people didn't pay attention is the "fire" in their relationship. Keeping it alive and burning is really important. I may sound too poetic (or not) but fire is essential to a relationships success, so what the hell is fire anyway? I think it is very simple to keep the fire alive but the funny thing is people just don't make efforts for it. One good example is letters, yup it's kinda old fashion but almost 90% of women actually still wants to receive hand written letters and it really make their day. Simple thing is support and encouragement, a simple word of support could make difference. It tells your partner that you love her/him and it is a simple way of telling her/him that "I'm here to support you because i love you". I'm sure there are millions of ways and it is our responsibility to find those things that could maintain our relationships
@joy4you (641)
I totally agree with you, a relationship is not something you get into and assume everything is going to be rosy only on the basis of love. You need to work at the relationship everyday like it is the last day, small things mean a lot in a relationship and it shows in your everyday actions and doesn't take much efforts if you are really interested in keeping it going. Do 1 thing special everyday for your partner, it could be a simple comment about how good they are looking to doing some fun activity together, the list is endless, whatever happens don't stop.
Trial is part of our lives, relationship cannot be strong without trials.So you have to have a lot of patience,honesty and whole trust.
@ibiswas (422)
The first and foremost ingredient of a true relationship to work is it requires attention and strong commitment. Nothing can replace time for nurturing a relationship.... Proper communication will help you feel heard and will circumvent misunderstandings......Compromise is at the heart of any good relationship......It is impossible to have a healthy and long lasting relationship with someone you do not respect.......Forgiveness is the only thing that can wash/heal spiritual and emotional wrong doings......
• Pakistan
You are 101% right... finding a sincere relationship is not just easter egg.