The Rest Of My Going Ons

@CatsandDogs (13964)
Well... due to finances, we had to sell mine and hubby's beloved truck. We sold it to my brother who desperately needed one and said he won't use it for a work truck for it's way too nice of a truck to use it for. (Yeah we know ) It was so hard to see it go that I couldn't watch them drive it away BUT the upside is, we were able to pay off some bills and are in a much better situation than before however, we don't have that second vehicle in case one breaks down. We hope once the army gets off their behind and pay hubby what they owe him then maybe we'll be able to afford something cheap but gas efficient. Time will tell. Another stray cat adopted us. Like I need another hole in my head!! But for the life of me, I can't turn it away. I just can't do it. If it's hungry, I will feed it for I feel like this, what if I were in it's shoes, how would I want to be treated? He didn't ask to be born nor did he ask to be put in the situation that it's in so I'm going to do my best to do right by him. Him meaning it's a male and yes, he needs to be fixed which I plan on doing as soon as I can get him tame enough to put him in a carrier without getting clawed silly. 10 cats is what I now have. 10 Our air conditioner died on us yesterday afternoon!! It got so hot and humid thanks to the tropical storm Hanna being on it's way. We don't think it'll get fixed till next weekend for hubby knows a little bit about how to fix it but he thinks it's completely shot from an electrical storm so he doesn't feel comfortable with overhauling it alone and has a friend who's done it for years to help him but he works all week so we'll have to wait till the weekend when the guy is off so that means, going all week without air conditioning!! I just might not be so friendly by the time the week is out!! lol Tropical storm Hanna came through last night and we got rain like you wouldn't believe!! It rained cats, dogs, horses and pigs!! Wow!! It was in sheets and everything flooded all around us, not our house thank God! for it's on a hill but still!! The two creek beds, one in front of our house and one behind in the woods were flooded like rivers!! It's amazing what mother nature can do!! Well that's my story, that's my song!! I want to quit singing it all day long!! lol
@Polly1 (12649)
When it rains it pours, it pours more then just rain for you. That sucks you had to sell the truck. Someday you can get another one, you need the money, plus it helps your brother out. I know about taking in hungry kitty cats, I have 5 fur babies of my own. Mr. Snickers, Pretty, Spunky, Bella and Oden. Plus I have my dog. We have a bird too. He will be moving soon. He is my grandsons bird, my son, DIL, and the two kids moved across the street. I have my house back, I can get my house back in order. Its a wonderful feeling. Take care and good luck, at least nasty old Ike isn't coming your way.
@CatsandDogs (13964)
How in the world are you keeping your cats away from your grandson's bird? lol I can only imagine "very carefully" lol Yikes!! I can understand completely when you say you'll finally have your house back. YES that IS a good feeling!! There's nothing like having your things back in order and clean. Nothing!! lol I have 10 cats Polly! 10!! Here are their names, Chopper, Daisy, Rascal, Gracie, Bobo, Music, Sammy, Big Boy, Sassy and now the newest addition. We haven't thought of a name just yet. If he sticks around, he'll have one. lol No thank God Ike isn't near me at all!! It's heading towards Texas and I feel so sorry for the people who live there!! I'm praying that it slows down quite a bit and maybe even turns away back toward the ocean. Geeze, the US has seen enough devestation to last us a lifetime but apparently these storms disagree for they're coming our way whether we like it or not.
@Polly1 (12649)
I had a dog named Sassy. How is your Bobo doing, I remember him because I had a dog named Hobo. With the cats and the bird it does get interesting. The bird likes to tease the cats. They like watching the bird and now and then jump on he cage. I have all the doors on the cage secured with twist ties. it reminds you of Tweety, Sylvester and the granny (thats me). I have plenty of company with my critters. Two of the cats climbed on me this morning and went to sleep.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
I am sorry you had to sell the truck, but hopefully things will start looking up. I know what you mean about stray cats, as we just had that day old kitten left at our door. Hopefully you have a fan or two to help cool you down!! I'm really glad that you did not get flooded away. Thank goodness for that!! Good luck with your new cat.
@Thoroughrob (11750)
Hopefully things will start looking up soon. Hopefully you can get your partials replaced soon. That has to be rough. The cat is really cute. It looks like you have another member of your family. It looks so at home.
@carmelanirel (20979)
Wow, I hope that you are doing better now and that the storm didn't do any damage. Sometimes we go through valleys, but the good thing is, once you are down so low, the only way to go from there is up..:)
@CatsandDogs (13964)
You've got that right!! I've been at the bottom and wondered for so long "when am I going to climb out?! lol It's been one slow process but it seems to be getting better on some aspects but it's happening nonetheless.