Where do you want to go for your honeymoon?

@maximax8 (28925)
United Kingdom
Will you choose to go to a tropical island with gently waving palm trees or a big city with much entertainment? Where would you like to go for your honeymoon? Why?
@Seppy1984 (2145)
Well I have to be honest. I'v been married for 3 years on the 19th of this month and we did not have a honeymoon. But we are going to be taking one this coming up year and we plan on going to Massachuset I know I did not spell it right and the reason we are gonna go there is because it's suppose to be the most haunted place we like haunted places.
@maximax8 (28925)
It is great that you haven't forgotten that you two need to have a honeymoon. I would be too scared to go to a haunted place. I was terrified on the last ghost train I went on. I hope that you have a wonderful honeymoon and it is better late than never.
@Seppy1984 (2145)
Well thank you for commenting on my response. I know some people that dont like haunted places. So I dont judge cause there's things I dont like that others do. Well have a nice day.
@Ithink (10495)
We just got remarried in April with my best friend and her new hubby and we all went to Salem, Mass. and it was really interesting. Went on ghost walks and the places that you can walk thru are so cool. Really enjoyed the House of Seven Gables too even if your not allowed to take pictures. All other places allowed it so I have a lot of memories to look back on. If you go to the Ship of Friendship by it is a WONDERFUL resturant. Just a nice vacation, of course after 26 years of no travel and never having a honeymoon before we might have enjoyed anything. lol This upcoming year we are going to Gettysburg, for a small trip all of us together again. NOW if money was no object I would go to Ireland, just because I have always wanted to go there. Dont know why just do.. lol
How odd! I too plan to go to Gettysburg on my anniversary this year!! And I too want to go to Ireland....I was thinking for our 10th anniversary....your 36th I think....That would be 2018? If the world doesnt end before then....Maybe we can share a plane? *since I cant find a freaking BOAT!!!*
@Ithink (10495)
Hey that sounds like a plan!!
@bombshell (11266)
i will select in Paris coz its my dream place.i dont dream tropics coz i grow up in tropics.
@maximax8 (28925)
Paris is such a romantic city so I think it would be an excellent destination for your honeymoon. It must have been wonderful for you to have grown up in the tropics.
@bombshell (11266)
agree tropics is nice but sometimes we need to try a different.
@ellie333 (21029)
Hi Maxine, not that I can forsee me ever getting married but my ideal would be a tropical island rather than a busy city, I would just like tranquility for myself and partner to relax and enjoy the surroundings and each other for our time away, we can always do four nights in New York for our anniversary one year LOL. Ellie :D
@maximax8 (28925)
Hi Ellie. I am divorced and I had my honeymoon in Venice. I think that couples that are not married still have anniversaries. I hope that you and your partner go to New York for four days. I think a tropical island like Mauritius is my idea of the perfect honeymoon destination. I have already been to the Seychelles. Wow! Maxine.
@ellie333 (21029)
I am divorced too and never got a honeymoon as such just dys out to local antique shops and things which were his interest really not mine. I am single at present so I might take myself off to New York instead LOL. Ellie :D
I am getting married next year, and we have decided to put the wedding and honeymoon together, without a big traditional wedding. We have decided to go to St. Lucia. For our honeymoon, we want to be in a place where we can just focus on each other and the beauty around us instead of looking for places to go and having a lot of loud concerts or things like that. I am really looking forward to a week on a beautiful beach with my love!
@maximax8 (28925)
It is a wonderful idea to get married and honeymoon in the Caribbean. I went to St Lucia when I was 19 years old. I had a lovely time there. It is such a romantic location that I know you will love it there. You will see the Piton Mountains and bathe in a cool waterfall I am sure.
@keya2468 (289)
I went to honeymoon in GOA, in INDIA. it is world famous place. it is sea side. very beautiful , scenic place.
@maximax8 (28925)
That was an excellent place for your honeymoon. I have seen photos of the palm fringed beaches there.
@SaintAnne (5453)
I would choose the tropical island. The last couple years, I've been really interested in doing a volunteer vacation where you go to a certain place, do volunteer work during the day or designated hours and then you have the rest of the time for yourselves. I've already mentioned this idea to Boyfriend. We could go volunteer to help build houses or community centers during the day and enjoy the beach or its surrounding areas afterwards. I think it's a good thing to do, you not only get to spend time with your hubby, the two of you together get to help other people too.
We got married in Antigua but only had a couple of days left after the actual wedding day so we couldn't really class it as our honeymoon! We were then going to try and go to Thailand later in the year but couldn not afford it so as of yet have not had an 'official' one!
@ersmommy1 (12600)
My hubby and I got married in 2001. We stayed local. Our honeymoon was at a beautiful little B&B. Our room had a jacuzzi and a fire place. Heated tile, it was terrific. Given the opportunity, I would go there again. It was a wonderful start to our married life.
@enavnai13 (509)
i'm really a fan of beaches so i'll definitely go to a very nice resort... the feeling is just so wonderful when you are in the beach coz you get to smell the fresh air. it's quite so you can rest. and it's just a perfect place to biuld memories with the one you love.
@williamjisir (22903)
I think that it might be a good place for me to go somewhere in a beautiful island for my honeymoon. Maybe a better island for me to go is Hainan Island in China, next to Hongkong, as it is warm there and I could see the blue sea there. Good day, maximax.
I wish I could have gone on a cruise for my honeymoon. But we couldn't afford to have one so we just stayed the night at a hotel downtown. It was nice, but still.
@chingbeem (910)
Today, september 8, the Blessed Virgin Mary's birthday is also our 18th wedding aniversary...but my husband is ...where else...travelling, working! This is the first time I dont get flowers and a dinner date.GRRRR. Anyway, if ever the 2 of us will be given a chance to travel for a much needed honeymoon, it will be to Paris, France.wish wish wish!maybe when the kids finnish college. I had enough of the beaches...Paris would be great...
@writersedge (22579)
We went to visit where my husband was stationed in North Carolina. Hopefully we'll go to Colorado where he was trained some day and California where he was also stationed. Maybe even Korea. Strangely enough when we went on our Honeymoon we went to NC, storming so the beaches were out of the picture, unfortunately. We went to Gettysburgh, the Museum there and a President's home with reinactors on the bus and at the Museum.