Do you empty your pocket when you take off your clothes?

empty pocket  - empty pocket
France
I was just going to the grocery tonight to buy some drinks and snacks and I was pretty surprised when I was going to put my troussers to see I have some coins there. This actually helped me to buy my things and I was also surprised to realize I forgot to empty my pocket for the time I took off my clothes. How about you? Do you always think to empty your pocket when you get undressed or you can be a little bit forgetful like me about it?
@Feona1962 (7527)
By the end of the day I have plenty of goodies in my pockets...Flowers, weeds, rocks, beads...and whatever else my grandsons find to give to me...Everything ends up in my pockets....Sometimes I do empty them and sometimes I forget until it is laundry day... One time I did find $15.00 in a pair of pants that I was going to give to the thrift store...I was glad I checked them before I took them in...
• France
Haha your pockets seems to be like a toybox, That's cute!
@Feona1962 (7527)
I know...I might have to get the pants that have 50 pockets pretty soon..LOL
@Feona1962 (7527)
Today I looked in my purse and there was a transformer guy in there....too funny..
Im very bad at emptyiing my pockets, whenever i do laundry i usually find a whole bunch of coins and lighter at the bottom of the washer. Except when my boyfriend does the laundry he looks through my pockets because he knows me well and knows he'll at least get 5 bucks from me. :P
• France
Naughty boy, Does he give it nack to you?
• France
back*
no, he deserves whatever he finds cause he is doing me a big favor by doin the laundry.
@shana123 (2096)
I dont have pockets in my dresses as girls in my place dont have one in the traditional dresses we wear but then if im wearing a jean or something i used to drop in some coins but take it off as and then mostly i use only my purse and when i was in school my penoform had pockets where i just keep the money which my parents give and just forget it for the other day and it helps me when im in need sometimes my servant wishes it as i forget to empty it before soaking for washing
• France
I would use my wallet most of the time too
@chiyosan (30206)
yes i do empty the pocket, i remember not doing so and we can hear the coins being washed with the clothes hehe
• France
I like that sound
@James72 (26829)
I do try to remember to do this but I of course sometimes forget as well. It can be a good thing too though as we can find unexpected suprises like money nites tucked away in there that we completely forgot about! It sucks when they end up going through the wash with notes in the pocket though.
• France
Yeah, Better to check them first
i make sure i never put anything in them to begin with but i still check them before washing
• France
The same here
@gr8life (6253)
Hello Cannonball, I always empty my pocket when I get undressed. My husband is the worst. He doesn't care to empty his pocket when he takes off his clothes. He has all kind of stuff in his pocket. As for me, it is my job as I have to make sure that I don't wash every single thing in his pocket and get a blame letter. I don't want my washing machine to malfunction too!
• France
What a life, So many pockets to check
@sameroad (3180)
pocket - pants
I don't always empty out my pockets when i get undressed.. Sometimes i will forget too and other times i leave stuff in them on purpose. I will wear the same pants or shorts for a couple of times before i wash them and so sometimes, i just end up leaving stuff in my pockets but i do always check them before i stick them in the washing machine. I also will forget that i have stuff in them and then will find it later on and am all surprised and happy. especially if it is money!
• France
LoL yeah the same here
yes i do...i only wish hubby and my 5 yr old would do the same. I cant tell you how many times i find little pieces of tissue all through the washer or dryer because my son had one in his pocket at school and didnt take it out.. or how many times i have found small tools of hubbys clanking around the machine. I suppose i should learn to check the pockets but sheesh im washing folding and putting away the clothes the least they can do is clean out the pockets. lol
• France
@gabbana (1815)
hi, good question. i don't and i often forget. but i really receive pleasant surpirse in this way. guess what? one winter, i found there were 400 bucks inside my downcoat pocket. and can you imagine how pleased i was at the time? and recently, i found there was 50 bucks in my pants. such things often happen to me which means i even don't realize if i lose my money.
• France
I bet this made you really happy
@cher913 (25890)
my hubby does and then he ends up forgetting where he left stuff like keys etc. i wish he would just hang his keys on the key hanger just inside the door, it would certainly make things so much more simpler! :-)
• France
Indeed, That would be better
@shiloh_222 (5480)
hi there.. yes.. i remove all my stuff from my pockets..and take off my watch.. hehehe... it's a habit that i have...
• France
O yes, When I wore a watch before I used to take it off right after I arrive home and I remember it feels so good to do it
@yenwie84 (1345)
I agree with you. There will be some benefits if we don't empty our pockets when we take off our clothes sometimes. But for sure there will be some disadvantages too especially when we want to do laundry. We will end up wash our things in our pockets. It would be even worse if we have left any important documents in the pockets. That's why I don't have the habit of putting things in my pocket. I am a forgetful person and I always scare to leave anything in the pockets without taking them out.
• France
Yeah, It works with coins only it seems
i always empty my pockets before taking off my clothes. i always have my keys, my wallet and my cell phone with me in mu pockets. so when i take off my clothes first i empty my pockets. you will never find anything in my pockets not even a single coin. sometimes i forget because i am person not perfect. but when i forget and find some money afterward it makes me very happy.
• France
Haha, Not being perfect is a happy thing then! When I go back home very tired I would forget to empty them
@bombshell (11266)
no! i am very seldom to do it.coz if i put in washing yes thats the time i ampty it not just when i took off my clothes.good that you found something .but yes i agree that not emptying the pockets helped sometimes.when i went to supertmarket i dont have coin for the trolly but accidentally when i pulled my list on my pocket there was one euro so its great then not emptying.
• France
Yeah, I like this kind of surprise
@bombshell (11266)
agree
• France
I know you like surprises
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
I am not in a habit of emptying my pockets and never really have been. Usually when I take off my clothes I am either exhausted or am thinking of something else and are therefore distracted. I have found money in my clothes before, and was very happy for finding it. I have also found money in drawers, but that was when I was younger. I used to put cards from people in my chest of drawers.
• France
Most of the things I would forget would be some coins because I guess I would let my bills in my wallet. And yeah,just like you when I go back home and feel tired maybe the only thing I think about is having a rest so I could forget to check my pockets
@SomeCowgirl (32270)
It is very good that you have a habit of putting the bills in your wallet, it keeps the bills from being washed with the clothing if one does not check, or forgets to check the pockets! I appreciate the comment!
• France
Me also
Most of the time I will check my pocket before I take off my clothes. I don't want to leave anything there. Especially one day I forgot to take out the tissue, then the clothes will be dirty after washing. That's so terrible. I love China
haha, ew. That's digusting!
• France
Aow yeah it is...
@katkat (2379)
I always empty my pocket before I take off my clothes. There is one time that I forgot to empty my pocket and my sister got my dirty clothes for laundry. When she hands me my clean clothes to be fold and for my pants to be hanger, I find my university i.d still in my denim. Luckily my face is still there. I always make sure to empty my pockets after that.
• France
Well yeah, It's better like that
@Foxfire1875 (2011)
I never think to empty my pockets when I take them off. I'm always finding old bus tickets but don't find money as I either keep it in my purse or I put it in a money box, yes even at my age I have a money box, a Dr Who one. I wish I did check my pockets though as too many times I've left paper hankies in my trousers when I've done my washing and it's a nightmare to get the fluff off my clothes.
• France
Yeah, I would check my pockets for this reason before I wash my clothes
I sure do........ If not i would be troublesome to clean up the mess when you had notes or tissue paper in your pockets. Worst, important notes that is left in the pockets of my trousers. One time when i had to wash my trousers, i forgot to flip my pockets for anything. And when the washing is done, i opened the top of the washing machine. to my astonishment all the scraps of tissue papers were all over the clothes including my wife shirts. And i have to flap and pick the tissue bits out of every shirt.
• France
O yeah I saw it once it seems kinda difficult to take them off afterwards