What do your family reunions look like?

@rocketj1 (6957)
My mother's side of the family had one about 2 summers ago. She was from a family of nine children. Each sibling and their offspring each chose a differnet color t-shirt to wear and we all had our picture taken together in the park bandshell. My aunt had all sorts of games for us all to play and she brought along and displayed many old family photos that I had never seen before. It was wonderful! How about you? What does a family reunion look like in your family?
@sanjo0679 (225)
We had our first family reunion last September when our relatives from Poland visited the U.S. for the first time and it was awesome. There was about forty or so people in attendance. We took a family photo as a remembrance. Some of us had to put our differences aside to attend but it was well worth the effort. Chances are there will never be another reunion since the organizer passed away several months afterward and nobody else will ever take the time or organize another.
@rocketj1 (6957)
Thanks for responding. That would be awesome to have relatives come from such a long way away!
It was really great and fun. Although, it was kinda rarely to have a reunion, it was really wonderful. Mostly it took place in Christmas season, so more gifts and plenty of foods. It was also the time to reacquaint with my cousins who I didn't see for a long time as well as the time to know the other relatives who I didn't know or see. My aunts organized a small party on Christmas Eve, the usual, singing and dancing and exchanging gifts. But what makes it more enjoyable is that you can see that all family members are happy and quite cooperated to make the reunion successful. Now that I recall that, I can't help but wished that we have a reunion this Christmas, but I think they aren't planning to have a reunion until next year.
@rocketj1 (6957)
wow, that sounds great! There's nothing to compare to a loving family. I can't imagine any of my relatives dancing, though. We're a little conservative. Too bad, I like to see it!
@cream97 (29175)
My mother's side of the family just had a family reunion a month ago. They had it at the church.. They gave out free door prizes/gifts.. They say that it was very nice..
@rocketj1 (6957)
I take it you didn't attend? My husband's side tries to have one every year and it's always out of town and on a weekend when we are already busy. They tend to be less organized events and I'm thinking of giving them some of the ideas I saw at my other reunion.