Anybody own a Pentax K200 D-SLR?

This is the camera I am working towards owning. I want it sooooo bad. However I have never owned a Pentax and don't know much about them. I have Minoltas and Olympus cameras. I do not own a D-SLR either. I own two Minolta SLR cameras one that is older and is 100% manual and has a dozen lenses (got this one Free on freecycle) that I need to play with more but hate to buy film then get it processed. My other minolta has both automatic and manual features and I have 3 lenses for that one. My digital Olympus is nice but I want an upgrade.
@trickiwoo (2702)
I don't know much at all about Pentax DSLRs, sorry! I know Nikons and Canons are the leading brands in DSLRs, and most photographers I know shoot with either Nikon or Canon. Anyone I know with a Pentax has since switched to Nikon. My advice would be to read up on the reviews of this camera. That should help you decide if this is the camera you want, or if you want to stick with the brands you know!
a Nikon would be a dream come true but those buggers are EXPENSIVE!
@trickiwoo (2702)
They're not that expensive... You can get a brand new Nikon D40 with a lens for a hundred dollars or so less than a new Pentax K200 body only (no lens). And if you want to save money on a DSLR, you can always buy a used or refurbished one! Adorama.com has several used Nikon DSLRs for under $300. Or you can check Craigslist to see if anyone is selling a used DSLR in your area. I bought my first DSLR used, and it was in absolutely great condition!
I agree. The D40 is cheaper than the K200D but of course, you're not getting the same features.
I currently own a Pentax K10D. If you're planning on transferring to a Pentax camera from your older Minolta and Olympus cameras, you should check your lenses and the compatibility with the Pentax camera. The Pentax body is compatible with the K-Mount and the DA-Mount. I'm not sure if you could use your lenses with the Pentax body. Have you looked into the Pentax K20D? It's also a really nice camera. It has better features than the K200D but is also more expensive. I actually want to buy a K20D :D
The only lenses I own are for my non digital SLR cameras both of which are minoltas but the lenses are by various different companies.
I actually have old Pentax lenses from my film camera and they work with my K10D. It's really the lens mount that you have to check. I know some other lenses that will fit on Pentax cameras that are not of Pentax brand but there are of course some downsides to using those lenses like a reduced focal length.
I too am wanting the Pentax K2000, and I have found a great website that I used when researching this product. there is this place digitalcamerainfo.co m that you can refer too and it tells you all about the different cameras out there and it shows you the results of a series of test they've been through. It's been tremendously helpful for me. I hope it can help you too