Did You Know

@enola1692 (3325)
Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand .. And 'lollipop' is the longest word typed with your right hand. (Bet you tried this out mentally, didn't you?) No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, or purple. 'Dreamt' is the only English word that ends in the letters 'mt'. (Are you doubting this?) The sentence: 'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog' uses every letter of the alphabet. (Now, you KNOW you're going to try this out for accuracy, right?) The words 'racecar,''kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes). (Yep, I knew you were going to 'do' this one.) There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous': tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous. (You're not doubting this, are you?) There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious.' (Yes, admit it, you are going to say, a e i o u) Babies are born without kneecaps. They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age. February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated . Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated. The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid. Winston Churchill was born in a ladies' room during a dance. Women blink nearly twice as much as men. Now you know more than you did before!!
@jillbeth (2711)
Interesting trivia! I knew about "stewardesses" but not "lollipop." And I knew babies were born without kneecaps. And I remember the lazy dog sentence from typing class. But I still learned a few things. Thanks!
@enola1692 (3325)
my sis sent me them I didn't know about the babies kneecaps I am going to look next baby I hold