A Blogging We Will Go ...

@Ldyjarhead (10161)
.. or not. Some of you know that I did a really stupid thing the other day and deleted my blog with my PTC info by mistake the other day. I updated it whenever I found a new site worth sharing, each time I got a payout, posted proof of payments, etc, all as they happened. All of that effort is gone now. :( I requested Blogger restore it, but it's been a few days now and it's still not up, so I decided to at least update my splash page for now, so at least some of the information is there. If you'd like to know what a splash page is, you can find it on my profile (just above my banners). Do you have a splash page? A blog about your PTC sites? What works best for you for getting referrals?
@curiousman (2427)
Oh no! I hope they will restore it for you soon. What I do to protect my information is back it up. I have installed a plugin that automatically backups for me and send the file to my email account every week. I hope this will prevent disaster.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Will backing it up save all the original dates and everything in a blog? It's something I did on blogger, not in word or anything. Anyway, the splash page is up, so it'll serve the same purpose for now, I guess.
I think so. My wordpress plugin even backs up my visitors' data. I have not restored the backup data so I don't know for sure. But I would think it does because one of the most important information about visitors is the dates.
@onlydia (2808)
No I don't and I'n not good at getting referrals as alot of people I tell laugh at me or say it's not worth there time. So now I just do mine and leave everyone else alone. I don't like being laughed at for trying new things and there laughing at me or teasing me. I can do without all that. So I just do mine and that is it. lol. Read ya later my friend. Your friend Onlydia.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Wait until you get a payment and show it to them, and tell them that now YOU are laughing, all the way to the bank!
@onlydia (2808)
Thank you do very much.
@koalatbs (2231)
That is a shame that Blogger has not restored your page yet Marie Anne! Have you tried to contact them again to see why it is not back up yet? Don't give up yet. I know you probably spent a lot of time and effort working on it. I hope you get it back soon.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
No, I haven't contacted them again. I'll probably just go ahead and start a new one from where I'm at.
@lilcee (2704)
Hi, I'm sorry you can't get your blog back. I know it must be frustrating after all that hard work. I've never done blogging so I wouldn't know the first thing about doing it. I'll have to check out your profile and see what a splash page is. Sounds interesting. happy lotting.
@Ldyjarhead (10161)
Well, since I added so much junk to my page, it may not be much of a 'splash' any longer, but I guess it serves the purpose.
@twoey68 (13662)
Believe it or not, I've never heard of a splash page and I've never had a blog. I've heard blogs referred to as online diaries and I guess that's what puts me off them...I just don't have an interest in putting my personal life online. I'm sorry to hear you lost it all and I hope you get to rebuild it. [b]**AT PEACE WITHIN** ~~STAND STRONG IN YOUR BELIEFS~~[/b]