Can't They Find Anything Closer???

@sconibear (8006)
ok, here's the thing, i like to watch a lot of "true life" shows. shows like "A Haunting", America's Most Wanted", and all those other true crime shows that are out there. they usually show re-enacted sequences to show how the crime went down and show what happened. so here's the thing, when they show these dramatized scenes the people are usually pretty attractive and fit, but then they show the REAL person and they're usually twice as old, 4 times heavier, have a uni-brow and 2 hairy moles growing out of their lip. so what gives??? don't they have any "normal" looking people that are actors? can't they use make-up to "ugly" up the actors a little? or do they just figure we won't watch unless we have supermodels parading around?
@TnWoman (1896)
hello sconibear i also enjoy watching "America's Most Wanted" as well on television. lol and too funny about what that you said about all of the re-enactments that they come up with as well. lol you know? and i would still watch "America's Most Wanted" no matter what the folks looked like on there. i like to keep up with that show to see if there is anybody on the loose in my neck of the woods. lol have a beautiful evening.
@sconibear (8006)
i remember some time back, i think i saw it on Oprah, that a group of citizens in some small town recognized one of the criminals from America's Most Wanted and chased him down and held on to him until the police arrived........well it turned out it wasn't the criminal, it was the actor that portrayed the criminal. it just goes to show you what people remember.
@TnWoman (1896)
ain't that the truth.
• United Arab Emirates
very interesting !!
@kilani123 (865)
• United Arab Emirates
well !! I bet that Bear really bites !!!
• United Arab Emirates
still waiting for a comment ;)
@sconibear (8006)
the bear bit the bat but the bat bit back in the butt!!!
@Opal26 (17691)
Hi sconi, That's funny! I watch those show too and every time that I watch I think the same thing! It just makes me wonder why they do that! It kind of throws me off when they show the real person and go back to the actor. I guess they figure like you said that people won't want to watch unless the actors are "good looking". But, then it's not realistic, so what's the point? It's supposed to be a re-enactment so it should be as close to the real thing as possible and that means that they should at least try to make the actors look as close to the person as possible. I think that we are not alone in thinking this. I just don't know why the producers of these shows haven't thought of it from this standpoint. These are widely watched shows.
@kilani123 (865)
• United Arab Emirates
iam waiting for a comment in the Upper post !! thank u !!
@sconibear (8006)
KILANI......KILANI123......is that you????? oh man sorry man i didn't see you. thanks for paying attention.
@valeria1 (2724)
I think they think like this who wants to see ugly in TV, so if you really look in this reality shows, they are all beautiful, so we wonder, are they really real?
lmao!!!!!! i know i have thought about that.. did you watch the a haunting episode where the son of a ghost hunter gets possessed when he went with her on a hunt in a grave yard?? the actor wasnt attractive but then they showed the real guy and i about screamed.. lol