Tennant to return in 2010 (maybe). And Donna too.

According to Teletext (the link is too long to type), David Tennant has tentatively agreed to come back to Doctor Who when they resume shooting a full series for 2010. It is also said that Catherine Tate may be returning as Donna for one of the specials this coming year. Hooray. I was so scared that he might leave. Granted, this isn't for sure, BBC is being tight-lipped, but there's hope. And I love Donna. What other companion would tell the Doctor he was looking in the wrong place and then tell him Human Resources is where you find the good stuff? Gotta love it.
@ElicBxn (60907)
Donna won't be back - and good riddence too
Awww, she's not so bad. She has spunk. It takes a special person to become half-time lord. Why are you so sure she's not coming back? I don't claim my info is infallible, but I'd be curious if you've got a better source.
Hmmm, I hadn't read anything like that in my searches. I wonder what caused the rift. I know that Catherine wasn't big into sci. fi. when she joined on, and not respecting the franchise might have done it. But if you could provide more info on the split, I'd appreciate it. As for signing, I've read recently (and started a thread) that David is still in talks, and if they throw in a movie, he'll sign. So, there might be hope yet. Refresh my memory, who was Tegan? It's been years since I've seen the old Doctor Whos, the name sounds familiar, but I can't place a person to it.
@ElicBxn (60907)
Gosh, your asking me to find news from spring! The roomie found it in on of her Doctor Who news notifications. Tegan travelled with the 5th Doctor and is often referred to as the "mouth with legs." Tegan was picked up in the last epi of Tom Baker and was with Peter for all his first 2 seasons.
@sandra966 (269)
• Spain
Really? 2010? I have to wait until 2010 for another series?? Nooooooo! I only pray that it is David Tennant, and if Donna is there too, that would make my day. I really didn't take to her in the first Special she was in, but during the series, I really warmed to her, and I was really upset that not only did they get rid of her, but did so in a way that meant she couldn't really come back, so if they do manage it - excellent! When is there another Torchwood series then, surely soon? And my daughter is eagerly awaiting another series of The Sarah Jane Adventures. I hope those writers get going - lots to do.
Yes, I'm sad to say that Doctor Who will not be returning in 2009. They're taking a hiatus. Four specials will be filmed to tide us over, but the next season won't be played until 2010. It's not good. As for Torchwood and The Sarah Jane Adventures, I don't know. The fact that Sarah Jane and Luc (Luke?) appeared in the finale of Doctor Who leads me to believe that there will be more of that show. I loved it. Sarah Jane was always one of my favorite assistants (companions). Torchwood has to come back. It just has to. James Marsters (Spike from Buffy) and John Barrowman are too pretty not to be on my television. If I hear anything, I'll post. As for Donna coming back during one of the specials, it's a rumor. But it's a rumor I hope and pray will come true. Another rumor is that two of the specials will be shot in the U.S. So, stalker fans out there, get ready, David Tennant may be coming to a town near you. :)