republicans and democrates

ok so what is the real difference between the two. make me believe which one is better then the other.
@Arkie69 (2156)
I have ask myself that question all my adult life. Is either party any more American than the other? Setting up this two party system is the dumbest thing the founders of this country did. They both spend far too much time arguing between the parties and forgetting all about what the American people need. I always believed the people in government were employed by the people to look after the best interest of the people that pay them. That may have been the way it started out but it sure isn't the way they operate now. Why can't they just go to Washington as Americans and not a member of a party. The least it would do is stop a lot of the bickering that effects all of us.
yeah thats true. but then again we do have to decide something. and what is the other party what in the world do they believe in. its so confusing. i thought i was a democrat but sometimes things a republican says i believe in to. its so frusterating. lol
@Arkie69 (2156)
I feel the same way about it sometimes. I also feel the two party system is hurting this nation badly. I thought they were all Americans and I think it is time they stopped the bickering between the two parties and all of them start to work for the good of the American people that pay them.