Entered September/October Accentuate Writers Short Story Contest

@sunnflr (2767)
Well, I put my entry in tonight for the September/October contest. I don't know if the story is any better, but I do know my grammar and dialog has improved. The story probably still has mistakes, but there should be many less of them. Anybody else joining the contest? This months first prize is 300.00 plus gettin in the anthrology and other stuff. If you do enter, good luck!
Can you give me a link so I can check the contest out?
@sunnflr (2767)
Sure. You should really join the forum. It's fun and informative. I've learned alot from talking with everyone there. Plus the contests are fun! http://www.accentuateservices.com/xmb/viewthread.php?tid=2120
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
Hope you win. Good luck! This is the first time ive ever heard of this. Whats your's titled? Keep us posted as to the outcome!:)
@sunnflr (2767)
The title for this one is Ice. Not very original, but I'm not good with titles most of the time. Ever now and then one will just hit me that I really love, but most of the time the title is harder than the story.
@avidwhit (1492)
• Mexico
Have your heard any news? Are you a winner? Catchy title even more so in this day of one word with many meanings. Happy writing! :)
@sunnflr (2767)
People have until the end of October to enter the contest. I can't remember exactly when the winners will be announced, maybe in November?? Anyway, I still have a while before hearing anything.
@mentalward (14695)
That is totally awesome, sunnflr! Good luck! What is your story about? Are we able to read it? Do others vote on it? How is it judged? I'm really curious about this and would LOVE to read your story! I write, too, and have had a few things published. I'm always interested in reading stories from 'new' writers, especially if they get published! Tell us more about it, please!
@sunnflr (2767)
If you go sign up with the forum you can read it. It doesn't cost to sign up or anything and the people there are really nice. I can't give a link or anything until after the contest. If I make the top 3 the anthrology gets first rights.
@PearlGrace (3172)
Hey sunnflr. That is so great that you are entering the Short Story Contest. I've not even thought about entering this contest. But, I need to try to find an old "longhand-written" short story I wrote a couple of years ago. I know I have it somewhere. Can you enter the same story month after month if it's changed a little bit? Just wondering. Good luck. Hope you get that $300!
@sunnflr (2767)
Each contest has a theme you have to work with. If you could change the story enough to incorporate the theme I guess you could use the same one. Never thought about it. You should enter your story. It's fun hearing what people think about them, if nothing else.