If you're looking for something don't look for it!

looking for something  - looking for something
France
I was thinking of it recently as I was looking for a note and this reminds me how many times when I'm looking for something that I can't find I actually find something else I was looking for instead? Do you experience this, If yes,can we apply this saying for some other things like maybe looking for love,stuffs like that?
@jinxky (2251)
hahaha i experienced this all the time. i remember way back when i was looking for my comb, i know i'm looking for my comb from all over the corners of house, in short if i can just turn my house upside down, i will do it just to find my comb lol but i never find it that day. the next day i found my comb at my table where i usually put it but i never find it before. so i'm just thinking that my other "friend" just borrowed it & returned it back on the next day hehehe..
• France
I wouldn't dare to think you turning your house upside down
@jinxky (2251)
thanks for the pencil :)
• France
That's my pleasure, My weekend gift
@commanderxo (1496)
Actually, your initial statement is TRUE. "Don't look for it...FIND it!" Our brain is set up to do exactly what we tell it to do. So, if we tell it to LOOK for something, then we just spend our time looking. "Thinking" only gets in the way, and our attention becomes the distraction. That's why we usually don't find the thing we're looking for, but perhaps find something else instead. cdrxo
• France
I think I see what you mean
Well....there you go again... Don't "think" that you can see...KNOW that you can see. (--smile--)
• France
I know what you mean then
yeah, I quite experienced that and I feel quite annoyed especially if I truly needed the thing I am looking and after several days, when I don't need it anymore, it appears in front of me, quite annoying. hmm, it might applies on love I think, some said that sometimes it would be better to just wait for love than hurry it on and eventually, in a good time, it will appear in front of you.
• France
I couldn't agree with you more, Too much hurry is not good for love
@GemmaR (8526)
I think it's easier to find if you take your mind off it and don't get so stressed about it in general. You will be able to find things that you have lost much more easily if you're not too stressed about it, as you will be calmer when you are looking.
• France
It is always good to do things with a relaxed and peaceful mind but it's not always the case, I mean it's not to easy for myself
@checapricorn (16066)
[i]Hi Cannon, That is very true! It happens to me a lot of times but it's very irritating! LOL! But, there are times that I can't stop searching for a thing because I need it very badly...I am wondering what's the explanation about it! LOL! We always find stuff we are looking if we will decide to stop! Maybe it's true about "true love" LOL! hahahah~[/i]
• France
Why not
@bombshell (11266)
yes i have that experience.if i amlooking the important things i dont find it.then next day i am looking a different things then the impotant things i found out,yes like love,if you dont find love its coming unexpected.
• France
I find it funny!
@rainmark (4306)
That annoys me, I do experienced that most of the time. last time i am looking for my son's new pair of socks and i can't find it. So then i said, if you not going to look for that thing, it's just truned up!When i attend my friends wedding and i get my scarf i've found his socks. crazy but its really happened to me.happy myloting!
• France
That's really funny
@kun2349 (23475)
haha.. It always happens to me.. WHenever i'm looking for a particular stuff, i will sure to miss it when its right in front of me, and when i give up, i will see it just right there.. haha =D I guess this happens in our everyday life, not just normal things, but others like love or luck or money making opportunities ^_^ MOre than often, we will miss these things, because we are looking forward to something bigger, better and more.. Thus, we dun take notice of things that are actually around us most of the times ^_^ IN the end, in the process of searching, we have already lost the things, and the things we wanted, has eluded us even more further away, as we didn't cherish the present ones around us ^_^
• France
Would it mean the less we're looking for something the richer we are?
@kun2349 (23475)
U can say so, but not entirely true.. lol =D We should always look for more opportunites, but at the same time, we must carry on with the small opportunities that we have, dun give up because of greed.. hehe
• France
I'm happy enough with what I got you know
@Foxfire1875 (2011)
I do all the time as I try to be tidy but have a very bad habit of putting things down and deciding to deal with them later and of course nothing gets done and then I can't find it again. It can be quite good finding things you thought you'd lost, like recently I thought I'd lost for good a games cartridge for my Gameboy, typically it was a favourite game but when looking for my A-Z I found it. I think it can be applied to other things, as I've found no matter how hard I try to find something or do something, when I stop trying so hard it turns up or works out.
• France
I'm the same as you for leaving my stuffs like that but strangely I can easily find things in my disorder
I wish I could find things in my disorder but I let it go too far.
• France
LoL yeah, I still try not to go this far or I wouldn't find my things too
@lazeebee (5468)
You are right, you know. I wonder what law - universal, nature?? - is this! The more you search for something, the harder it is to find! So I try to control my emotions when I can't find something - don't panic or get upset - and let it appear eventually!
• France
Haha yeah we would feel better if we stop thinking about it right And somebody just answered me that would be called Murphy's Law
@gr8life (6253)
Hello Cannonball, I think it is common to hear that you don't have to look for love, it will come when you less expect it That's what happened to me. I was tired looking for the right person and when I didn't expect the right person to come into my life anymore, there he was! And for other things, I always experience where whenever I look for something, I can't find it and whenever I don't look for it, it is there waiting for me again! Sometimes, I do find things that I don't even remember about them anymore...
• France
lol Alright let's stop searching
@susieq223 (3742)
Oh, yes, definitely. I think it is part of Murphy's law or something--that you can't find what you want to find unless you are looking for something else. Same thing is true when you are trying to remember something. How many couples who thought they couldn't have children adopted, then got pregnant. It has to do also with spiritual life--the best way to conquer something is to surrender to it.
• France
Haha yeah I didn't think about this words you can be looking for sometimes. This happens often when I meet a friend or something like that,we talk about many different things and then start to search for an actor name or a movie title stuffs like that,we stay for a while like that searching for thinking damn what's his name again! Finally we talk about something else and the name come back just as a sleight of hands. I didn't know this law as a creator, Thanx a lot for all the informations!
@mentalward (14697)
That is so true! I was once looking for an attachment for a drill when I was renovating a house I lived in. I searched and searched! I found all kinds of other things that I had misplaced, but couldn't find that drill attachment anywhere! I finally gave up. I was so frustrated that I sat down on the floor and sulked for a minute or two. Then, I looked up and saw the attachment on a table, sticking out from underneath a pile of clothes that I had just washed! It was no more than 2 feet away from me! I didn't find that attachment until AFTER I had given up looking for it! I believe love is the same way. If you are actively looking for love, you tend to be less relaxed than normal, less 'yourself'. You worry about what you look like, the things you say, the way you sound, etc. If you give up on looking, or simply decide to go on without a love in your life, you are generally more relaxed, happier and more fun to be with. That's when love finds YOU. At least, that's the way I experienced it.
• France
So I know this saying is true
@phyrethyme (1267)
That happens to me.. I lost my original school form. I acquired a new one.. then I forgot where I put it and when I tried looking for it, I got the original form instead. It could be applicable to love and stuff.. Maybe it's when we try to look for something specific then we end up not noticing that we shouldn't search for anymore because it's been with you all along. Like, when a girl has a best friend who's a guy. She's looking for a boyfriend then she later learns that she's in love with her best friend who loved her all along. Mushy huh? Sounds like some movie plot. XD But, it happens. So I guess.. When we search, we should be within our range and not go too far because .. Well, you'll never know if you're missing something. :)
• France
Yeah, It seems it's kinda demanding to focus just on one thing like that
It's kind of stressing too, trying to focus when what you want to do is search everywhere. :)
• France
Yah, Better to do one thing after another and learn to dance with it
@James72 (26829)
I have a slightly different spin on this actually. I tend to look hard for something and cannot find it yet it is right there and staring me in the face! Especially when it is something in the fridge. I will hassle my wife about there being no cans of drink or something and yet there it is in the same place it has always been!
• France
LoL, Just like looking for the keys when you got thel in the hands or even when you're looking for your glasses which are just on your head or just pending on your shirt
@mycharm88 (2292)
Oh yes! i have experienced this also and it really gets into my nerves. I just don't know why things like this happen, but often times i laugh about it after i find the things that i'm looking for.LOL! I do believe that it is the same with love, because i found the love of my life in the least expected time. tc dear friend c",)
• France
"The least expected time" I'm curious about that and Yeah if you wanna find something better to look for something else it seems
@bjcyrix (6910)
That is so true! When Im looking for something and I really need it at this moment I wouldnt find it even if I turn the whole house upside down. When Im not looking for it anymore it would just conveniently turn up. The same thing goes with people also. I can attest to that, but it doesnt mean I know why that happens.LOL My friends would be looking out for their crushes and would actually keep their eyes peeled just to catch a glimpse but they only show up for a few seconds. Whereas these days, when they dont have crushes on them anymore, we would see them almost everyday and for more than 30 minutes at a time.tsk3 Applies to important things also, like when Im looking for a person who I need to talk to ASAP especially when Im at a deadline, I wouldnt find them and would seem that no one has heard from them that day, but when the deadline just officially became over, they would show up when I round the corner or something. Things/People turn up when you least expect them. Guess its just the irony of life.
• France
Better to be ready for this kind of moment
@bjcyrix (6910)
Hmm, as much as we'd like to..how can we? I mean if being ready for these kinds of things means we shouldnt expect anything, then by trying to not expect anything we actually expect something right? Hope Im making sense,LOL!
• France
O my God lol I don't quite get it but I can tell you I think not to wait for anything isn't just all dark some way
@magojordan (3254)
I have experienced it a lot of times. Maybe it happens because our minds are messed up from worrying too much about that lost item. About your question that if it could be applied for love. Yes it can be but you should know when it is already in front of you
• France
Cool