Do you think Investing in gold is a wrong decision?If so why?

@seeths (413)
Hi, Investing in gold was always there as I feel it would be of some use in our later times when we need money to invest.That time even if I could keep my jewels in the bank with a lesser amount of interest rate. There are very few people whom they feel that investing in a gold is utter waste.So have you people ever taught about investing in gold or would rather prefer not to? Regards
@ram_cv (16516)
Gold is a good investment, if you can keep the money liquid in some manner. So Gold futures or commodity trading in Gold is good. But just buying and hoarding gold is not a great investment from my side. First of all maintaining that much gold at your house is a major risk, plus when you want to encash it in an emergency, it is difficult. So essentially for me gold is not a great investment. Cheers! Ram
@seeths (413)
Maintaining so much gold at home is of great risk and I am sure most of them would not keep gold at home.Well I am sure there are lockers that would be available where we could keep them. Regards
@ram_cv (16516)
Yes, but even then the risk exists and it is only transferred from you to the bank and you end up paying the bank for the locker services!! Cheers! Ram
@super_jj (1417)
I think investing in gold is a good idea. It could be pawned for emergency use. And the value of gold in the stock market is getting bigger, so i think it would make a good investment, But may i suggest that a big enough piece of land would also be a good investment, You could develop it into a farm and generate income from it every year.
@seeths (413)
Investing in land is also another good option and I would also go for that. Regards
@Margajoe (4720)
No, I would not invest in Gold. I would rather invest in Love. I cannot take gold with me, when my time has come. Though Love is everlasting. And if gold turns into being worth nothing, you will get the same experience we had with SALT! That used to be worth more then gold. Take care, Margajoe.