Well. I'm Still Here-How About You?

@myklj999 (20751)
Nope, the world didn't end today. That big scientific machine was fired up, but they only sent the doomsday beam whirling around in one direction. Then they have to test the other direction. Then they have to do both at once and make them hit head on and BAM!!! the end of the world. Were you ready for the end of the world today? How do you feel about it not ending?
Love your neverending changes of avatar! Was there supposed to be some sort of cataclysm today? Nobody told me. Still, I suspect we'll all be here tomorrow, too. We humans are pretty cheeky, and the fact that somebody said we're supposed to go is enough to make us stay! After all, Myklj hasn't run out of sneaky little barbs!
I heard about that machine about a week ago. It was said that the world would end yesterday, because it would create a black hole big anough to swallow up the world. I guess I'd be ready as I'd ever be to die. But then again, I don't believe I die, just my body does, but not me. I'd just go somewhere else and continue my journey. Sure makes one contemplate their priorities in life, dosn't it? All of a sudden what seems important just isn't.
@Rosekitty (19438)
• San Marcos, Texas
I'm always the last to know..i didn't get any invite so I'm still here too..
Hi myklj999, Well I never believed that it was going to be end of the world anyway, but now some people are going on about 2012 will be the end of the world, do you believe that? I hope its not because we are having our Olympic in th U.K and I don't want to miss it not even for the end of the world. Tamara
• Lubbock, Texas
Well! I hope it's that sudden if it happens. Nobody'll know what hit 'em.
@dizzblnd (3073)
feels around.. b@@bs...check.. hands, legs, feet, arms, head.. whew! All in tact (except for the missing portion of my finger of course.. I was prepared .. ok not really. But it was quite disconcerting to know that our fate was up to a push of a button. I feel pretty good that it didn't end. That would have sVcked! The plus side however would have been the politcal cr@p ending.. extinction is always a bad downside though.
@myklj999 (20751)
Hey dizz...you can write "sucked".
@dizzblnd (3073)
k.. I am never sure.. would hate to give someone a "m ature content" tag Thanks for letting me know! How about cr@p
@James72 (26829)
It didn't end? Really? So I can come out of that scooped out camel carcass now? Thankk God because it STINKS in here. I never realized camel tasted like chicken though. Go figure! I watched this "event" on a battery operated small screen LCD TV and am happy to see that the billions of dollars spent were able to create such a pretty little light flash on that computer screen! It was this spectacular light flashing event that led me to believe the world HAD indeed ended. (It was exactly how I had pictured the world ending actually) At least I can come out now..... Thanks for the heads up myklj. Oh hang on..... They are now going to go in the OTHER direction? Dammit. I will commence stockpiling once more then. In the meantime, is there any word on when this beam of flashing light may be on Oprah? She always hits 'em up with the tough questions.....
@myklj999 (20751)
@mommyboo (13198)
End of the world? What are you talking about partner?
@myklj999 (20751)
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/the-large-hadron-collider-end-of-the-world-or-gods-own-particle-921540.html
Okay, I'm lost. Although that's not as hard as it sounds lol. What are you on about today?
There was some machine? How come it wasn't on the news? Wait, I didn't watch the news last night... Well they should have had a bulletin or I shoulda got something in the mail..WHY WASN'T I INFORMED??? Me being the teensiest bit religious, I've always believed that the end of the world will come on a date mentioned in the bible, but no one pays attention to. I've always believed that God has a sense of humor, and he would do that just so he can say "See, you shoulda paid attention" to each and every one of us as we go to see St. Peter lol.
@arkaf61 (10882)
I"m never ready for the end of the world! Too many things that I still want to do:):) I'll wait to see what happens when they get them colliding from opposite directions. I honestly didn't think much about it. It's not like they will stop it if I asked, so might as well not worry too much about it. ANyways I'll just wait for the results. Maybe something will happen.. or not
@cream97 (29166)
Yes, I am still here.. The world is not ending.. Only God knows the answer to this one.
Oh! Oh! Do you mean the LHC? I think it's absolutely brilliant. And of course, I wasn't the slightest bit afraid for my continued existence. I even bought a bar of chocolate to take tomorrow - so confident, in fact, that I was happily planning ahead.
@dawnald (84146)
• Shingle Springs, California
It had better not end. I have plans to see my kids grow up, retire, see grandkids, travel, all that stuff! World - you are under orders to NOT end, you hear?
@SaintAnne (5453)
Uh, I thought the world ended in 2000? If I only knew that today was the "deadline" for the world, then I would have gotten some rush from trying to make it on time. But I didn't and I am glad that it hasn't ended yet because then I can still hold off things that needed to be done months ago.
@mands61123 (2098)
Really end of the world i missed that one did i survive? damn that means i still have al this s*it to do. Well next time it happens i suppose i should be more prepared or at least aware of it.
@walkthetalk (1307)
I didn't know it was supposed to end. I'm disappointed that I wasn't ready. I could have went and bought a lot of water, and stocked up on canned food, and bought some really good flash lights. I would have even got my husband to build a bunker or something to save our lives. And you could have came over and I would have saved your life too. So I'm so glad it didn't end, because no one told me it was going to. It would have happened, and I would have never known what hit me. [b]Then the Two most perfect people in the world would be gone forever.![/b]
Yeah! We made it! Good for us. I was kind of hoping we would go through a big bang. I never been through one of those before. Then again I'm glad I'll be tomorrow to hear more about Lipstickgate from our politicians. I wasn't afraid though because the Bible doesn't say it will end with a big bang. (Just thought I would bring God into it cause I know you love it when we bring God into every topic.)
@Opal26 (17690)
Hi mykl, Oh was that today? I forgot. I guess it's good that it didn't end. I wasn't ready. I would have been in the middle of mylotting or something and I would have been interrupted and then I would have been really pissed off! I hope they were planning on giving some kind of warning or something. Did you get a warning? Oh well, doesn't matter. I'm still here, you're still here. Everything is still the same. Ok, back to the sos! See ya later.