Sarah Palin on World News Tonight on September 11th

Just in case you're interested, Charles Gibson will be interviewing Sarah Palin on the anniversary of the World Trade Center bombings. If you're for her, you'll probably want to watch. If you're against her, do you have the guts to actually watch and listen? And, if you're undecided about her, this is your chance to learn more about her to make up your mind.
@xParanoiax (6999)
Hey, I'm usually just an observor. I actually so far have not been liking her...but I have an easier time listening to people who turn my stomach, for example, than those who mean well. I'm not saying Sarah Palin turns my stomach, she DOES give me the heebie jeebies, I find her quite charming despite it all...and I've been waaaaiting quite anxiously to see more of her. I wouldn't call guts, Whimsy. Just business as usual for me.
What I meant by guts is that many people who oppose someone aren't willing to listen to them. I know I've been guilty of it but I've listened more in this election than any other. I'm not sure why Sarah Palin gives you the heebie jeebies except for the fact that she has very strong convictions and stands by them and they happen to be in direct opposition to your own. I like her and I'm even happier with the Republican ticket since she came on board. I actually feel much better about voting for McCain with her by his side.
Eh, she's quite different from me in many ways...but that's not a reason for her to give me the heebie jeebies. I'll tell you what it is when I figure it out, lol. (ALOT of people have convictions. I'm not impressed by convictions so much as I am with actions and how people handle situations. Therefore my observatory status on this) I've found it fascinating, however, to watch how much happier people are with the McCain/Palin ticket. Especially over the fact that alot of people would actually prefer her for President than McCain. I don't really have much of an opinion on that, other than that it's interesting. So, since we're talkin' here lol. I'm curious, what do you especially like about her?
@spalladino (17925)
I already said in another post that I'm looking forward to it and will be watching. By the way, I asked you a question or two in your other discussions so, if you have the time, I'd appreciate it if you would take a look and respond. Thanks.
I did already and I've invited you to be a friend. Even though I disagree with you, I think we still have a lot of other things in common.
@spalladino (17925)
I just saw both your response and your friend request and accepted it. I agree that we probably do have many things in common.
@piasabird (1737)
I'd like to watch it. I can't believe all the lies going around about her. It's ridiculous!
I'm looking forward to it. I usually watch World News Tonight anyway when I get in from work so this will be nice to see.
@kenzie45230 (3560)
I've seen all the discussion Governor Palin did with Charlie. I think she did quite well. She answered a few of the stupid internet myths (all false).
I think she did very well. I think Charles Gibson even found himself liking her no matter how hard he tried to trip her up. I saw the 20/20 special last night and she handled herself well. She told him of her personal positions and clarified that they weren't necessarily the positions of McCain and she stood her ground. She also seemed to be more relaxed when they went to her old high school and she made a joke about going one on one with Obama on the basketball court. I'm just really happy about her being on the Republican ticket.
@ElaanR2 (277)
Charles Gibson did nothing to trip her up. He even explained the Bush doctrine to her. I understand why many think she did well. Many don't know half as much as she does. Otherwise, why are the tricks of 2004 still working in 2008?
@anniepa (27238)
I already missed it because I was at my grandson's football game. Did anyone here see it and could you give me a review? Will it be rerun, does anyone know? I'm definitely against her but I don't think it takes guts to watch and listen. My biggest concerns about her are things I know are true because she's said so herself and they're "on the record" and not any of the things that the right are claiming are lies spread by the left; therefore, the "best" that could come from my watching her long awaited first interview would be for her to make herself seem a bit more warm and compassionate, but I kind of have my doubts. By the way, if I'm wrong I'll come right back here and confess! Annie
I did see the interview and she's not going to be warm and fuzzy because she can't be right now. I kept watching her restrain herself from saying things she wanted to say but couldn't because it's not up to her. There is more at stake to this and she has to say what lines up with McCain's stance. I like her. I think she's caught between a rock and a hard place because she's used to being much more herself in Alaska because the world wasn't watching and she didn't have to contend with someone else's positions on things. She's going to be on Nightline tonight, on Good Morning, America tomorrow and on World News Tonight again tomorrow. They are also doing an in depth interview on 20/20 tomorrow, so you will have ample time to see her. I do have a bit more compassion for the spot Hillary Clinton was in up until a few months ago and tend to feel more empathetic for her quandry. I still wouldn't want her in office but I appreciate her position a lot more after watching what Sarah Palin is going through. I think I also feel more compassion toward the Obamas as well but, again, I don't want him in office.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nuWKHqqLH0 ^Part one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imMoUdrRC_A&feature=user ^ Part two. I'm just watching it now, Annie. *hopes you don't have a big objection to watching things online*