Box cheesecake

I was wondering, how can you make a cheesecake from a box? It can't taste as good as the real deal does it?
It definitely does not taste as good. They usually have to put in modified ingredients so they can make a dry mix and once you modify an ingredient it is never the same, and it is bad for you, not that cheesecake isn't bad for you anyway but modified cheesecake is a lot worse.
@keasling (724)
I would have to disagree. I enjoy it the same as others.
Why is it bad for you? Just wondering.
It involves a lot of complex chemistry but basically the process that modifies the ingredients makes it so your body cannot recognize it as what it is or was originally so your body doesn't know what to do with it and stores it is the wrong place. Basically, the change in structure confuses your body and a confused body is not a happy body and thus disease results if enough modified products are consumed. This disease can be anything from heart disease to cancer depending on the particular ingredient and how your body reacts to it.
@keasling (724)
I olove the Jello no bake cheesecake. It isnt like homemade but it comes pretty close. I like to add chocolate syrup in the filling then put the cherries on top. talk about yummy!!! though I do buy a premade crust, I dont use the mix. I like to use the oreo chocolate crust.
That does sound tasty and fatning. IT would totally go against my diet but...who cares. It's only one slice right.
It's not bad, it's a lot less expensive though they don't make a very big one. I usually jaz them up a little by adding Cherry or Blueberry pie filling on top. But the expensive home made, from scratch ones are way better.
@lilybug (21148)
Boxed cheesecake mixes and real cheesecake that you have to cook taste nothing alike to me. Both are good in there own ways, but they are so different. In the refrigerated section of most grocery stores now they have a big TUB of the premade cheesecake filling you can buy too.