Learning lots of crafts in a hurry for the garage sale and still learning some.

@writersedge (22579)
So far I've: taken my dried flowers and put them between clear contact paper and added a note card on the back, taken some yo-yos and made an X-mas tree as well as a wreath, and made up some Mystery Grab bags. Tried making stocking heads, did a better job on their hats than their heads. Tomorrow is the last day of the sale. So have you learned any crafts in a hurry? Why and how did you do? Do you have any ideas for other things I can do? Tomorrow is the last day of the sale. Did you ever make up grab bags? If you did, what did you put in them? If you didn't make any, have you ever bought any? What did you find in the bags? Were you happy or disappointed? I've bought some and I think they're fun. This is my first time making some.
@PearlGrace (3172)
Hello. Wow, it sounds like you are busier than ever with your rummage sale and crafting. No, I've never tried to learn a craft in a hurry. I can barely learn them when I'm taking my time! I've never made up grab bags but that sort of sounds like fun. It will be interesting to see if people buy them. Years ago, the Walgreens used to do grab bags to get rid of stuff. I was such a sucker for them! I'd always buy one. They would have 2 paperback books, a magazine, something from the cosmetics department (lipstick, make-up, lotion, and the like), and usually some type of gadget (like a kitchen utensil, hair comb, etc.). That's a very cool idea, to make grab bags from your own stuff and try to sell them at a garage sale. Now, that's thinking!
@writersedge (22579)
I've seen that at a couple of garage sales now, so I thought I would try it. So far, none have sold, but not much is selling this time out. I sold 50 cents for some bells on Friday and a pair of children twirling to "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head" after you wind up the music box for $2.00 today. I've been drying flowers between sheets of paper in phone books for about a year now and it was just a matter of finding something to do with them. The Carol Duval show on DIY had some ideas, so I just put the ideas together. People really loved what I made. I had made cloth yo-yos years ago and I saw some ideas in Mary Maxim catelog. They had an X-mas tree. I figured I could make it. Couldn't make it like theirs, but I did make it with yo-yos and bead. It still came out cute. The flower craft came out well, even everyone else thought so. The Christmas tree is cute. I have a long way to go before I make my stocking craft work out, but since this is the first time I had anything to do with it, at least the hats came out somewhat. The pumpkin head stockings, they didn't come out very well. I really need to practice at them and study up more on that. But it seems like with only two items missing from the sale and I made more stuff, that I may not need to make anything more. Too bad, I was having so much fun!
Hey writersedge. Your Christmas tree made from yo-yos and beads sounds interesting and cute! It seems you sure learned alot just from planning and carrying out the garage sale. Hope you made some money. If you can make that many things, have you ever tried selling anything on Etsy? I've thought about trying to sell some knitted purses on there but just never got around to it.
@writersedge (22579)
A lot of people say they haven't sold anything on Etsy, they say it takes lots of promotion and that they get very few sales. Most people want stuff cheap and from Ebay now. Even people selling at garage sale prices on Ebay are having trouble. Also I want my crafts to be at a higher level than they are now. Oh well, thanks and take care.