short or long?

Im not much or a writer. I type short descriptions in mylot but does it really matter that my description must be long to get peoples attention?
@corngrass (727)
It depends on your topic. For me, topic is the most important part of a discussion, because i pick topic. I don't think it really works if you write too short. What others may want to know is how you think about the topic you are creating and why too. However, if the description is too long, I don't really feel like reading it. Lol!
Corngrass is at least partly right. If I am answering a question that asks how I think or feel about something, I would like to know how you feel about it, or why you are asking.
You need to have a descriptive discussion to earn the most in this forum. For instance, I answered another discussion of yours asking if I think Filipinos are friendly. You could have made a longer discussion and more descriptive by saying something like this: "I am Filipino, and I find my countrymen to be very friendly. Maybe not in all cities, but where I live. I was wondering what you think of Filipinos, and if you find them to be friendly? Why do you feel that way" Make your discussions about four lines long, if it can cover everything you want to put in it. Use place names, like your city, or other towns. Talk about well known places or art, or whatever, but give the details of the names. If you do this it will help your earnings, and you will get more responses.