has anybody on your friend ever admitted they like you more than just a friend?

@aize003 (225)
you've been friends for so long then suddenly they admitted to you that they like you more than just a friend how will you react with it?
@reoko10 (578)
Yes I had that happen to my twice and the first time I thought it would be cool to have him as my boyfriend because I liked him to but after a while I noticed that the more we got to know eachother the more we started not to like each other and it mess up are friendship so we broke up and we could not be friends again I lost a good friend and I hate that we even hooked up the second time I told him know because I learnd mt lesson and I would not let that happen again.
• Dominican Republic
Sadly, yes... and I say "sadly" cause that confession destroys the friendship that you had with that person if you dont correspond him/her... and if it doesnt get destroyed, it changes, you and your "friend" are never gonna be the same I've been through that path a couple of times and I lost 2 of my best friends, the trust that you had to that person dissapears and its heartbreaking when they dont give up, even though you keep telling you dont want to screw up the friendship :(
@quinnkl (1668)
I have had this happen a couple of times in my life. A very good friend wanted to be more than friends, but I didn't feel that way. And we didn't keep in touch after that. Sad. Another, neither of us said anything about knowing the other wanted more, and the friendship lasted for a very long time - he is now married with 2 kids and a great guy and we still keep in touch. That is a very hard situation to be in I think, if you don't both feel the same way - wanting the relationship to progress.
ive had a few people tell me that.. i just remind them that i care for them as friends but that is it.. some times their feelings go away and the friendship continues and sometimmes it doesnt
@ronaldinu (12440)
• Malta
If that happens I would thank the person but show her that I am not interested since I am committed to another person. Though I am flattered by her request I am not able to comply with her wishes. This should not stop us from being friends. I would treat her just the same as I did before I learned how she feels about me.
@subha12 (18453)
it happened to me also. i was very much surprised at that point of time.i always took him just as friend. thank God I did not accepted that proposal, later he chetaed bigtime with me.
@chengbeb (285)
This situation always happens most especially if you're really close with this person. It happened to me several times and they end up being my boyfriends. It really helps in a relationship if you were first friends then became even closer. Although in the end if it really doesn't work for you both that's when you tend to be sad because not all relationships end up good you may lose that person as your partner but you also lose him/her as your friend if things aren't really well.
@deserve40 (1643)
Yes I did have similar experience. I had a friend who was one of many friends of mine and I liked her very much. I had no idea as to what was going on in her mind. We used to have many differences however, we trusted each other and had great understanding. Some other friends had warned me about her extra ordiary inclination towards me but I ignored them saying that they were jelous of me. Once, she had indirectly told me that she liked me more than as a friend. I had no clue as to what I should say. However, thank to my previous talks with my other friends and their views about our relationship, I was able to refuse to be anything more than a good friend. She did not like it and was quite upset about it. However, I requested to think about our own social and family conditions which would not allow such relationship. Even today, we are great friends. Have great feelings for each other, however, we have always given priority to our family life and never allowed our relationship to come in the way of our duties towards our families. Even we have not talked for more than a year some times. However, feeling for each other remains there unchanged just it was before 20 years.
This is somethin tht i did with my girlfriend.Bt she never minds tht.She's happy to hv her best frnd as her lyf partner.Actually this depends upon situation u kno??u jst cant predict a common response.It varies..
Hey there, I think it happened to me twice and it was awkward so I just got honest and said I only treat the person as a friend and not more than that.
@corngrass (727)
yeap! And they say we are more like sisters! Lol! That's what my best friends told me.
well i haven't got that kind of experience before but i have a friend who treats me in a very nice way. For example he'll help me whenever i need and will say yes to almost everything i ask him. He won't even get mad when i tease him in front of a bunch of people. I wouldn't surprise if he suddenly admits that he treats me more than a friend. ok, back to your question: My first reaction would be I've already guessed that (in my scenario) and would say it's best for us to just remain as best friends (i have no interest in my friend). You can accept him/her if you got interested in him/her. It's always happy if you find someone likes you....isn't it?
@elitess (5072)
• Ipswich, England
Well, i was kind of in this situation, only i was the friend that admitted i like her more than a friend. It happened twice with 2 different girls, and none of them were happy about it; although they remained my friends, i had to overcome my urge for a different kind of a relationship with them.